KAOSPILOT MASTERCLASS: PERTH
THE ART & CRAFT of DESIGNING & FACILITATING LEARNING SPACES
IN COLLABORATION WITH
PERTH: 10-12 SEPTEMBER, 2019
The Kaospilot Masterclass invites participants to explore, experience and be trained in the KAOSPILOT approach to designing and facilitating learning that inspires and promotes creativity, engagement, innovation and risk-taking in learning spaces.
Kaospilot is an alternative business, design and leadership school in Denmark. BusinessWeek has recognized The Kaospilots as "one of the best design schools in the world", and Fast Company has named it in its Startup League's Big 10, "preparing you for the fast moving startup economy".
More than 2500 educators, program directors, learning designers and consultants, trainers, facilitators and edu-preneurs have participated in this Masterclass across 40 countries.
During the Masterclass, participants will be introduced to the unique ‘opportunity based pedagogy’ and competency model of the Kaospilots, which has been developed over 25 years from working with young dynamic learners and leaders and by exploring the potential in transformational education.
Participants will have the opportunity not only to talk about their ideas for pedagogical and methodological change, but also practice and develop them! Through imaginative interpretation, “hacking” and creative application of your curriculum, new pedagogical and methodological processes will be explored which will challenge and "reboot" approaches to learning and content delivery. You can read the full description here.
Bring your real projects and program challenges, your openness to unlearn and learn, your questions and imagination, your experience and your beginner's mindset, your curiosity to connect and learn with others also seeking to transform education.
(include lunches & refreshments) - the course is 3 full days (9am - 5pm) and allows for a maximum of 24 participants.
$950 (+ GST) as part of our ed2ed, public and not 4 profit EDUCATION SERIES
$1950 (+GST) for private (non-ed2ed*) participants, consultants or trainers.
If you are eligible for the ed2ed discount, please contact Ramon Marmolejos at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Don't just take our word for it - here's what some past participants had to say
"The Masterclass was amazing. Loved Ramon’s facilitation and the Kaospilot way. Drop PowerPoint, embrace flow and fluidity. Let learners own their experience." – Nicole Lee, Consultant and Coach, Transformational Change
"The Kaospilot Masterclass experience was wholly engaging, exhilarating and exhausting - and I didn't want it to end. It was a massive injection of creativity and positivity meshed into a brilliant opportunity to meet and work with a fun bunch of like-minded individuals. Moving back from overseas, it was also nice to meet local people interested in the same innovative learning space as I'd met in Europe. However, the biggest continued takeaway is the daily doses of 'ah ha' moments that I'm immediately putting into practice." – Leona Norris, Educational Designer, RMIT University
"I am absolutely convinced that the Kaospilot's educational model is in the right track for the construction of both, a new society and economy, because the course not only provides the foundations for understanding a more efficient way of learning, but also encompasses a human centered approach in which values, practices and knowledge are merged. As a result, this course fosters the engagement and the sense of ownership in learning, and furthermore, creates qualified happy people". - Gabriel Hernández Martrou, Doctoral researcher in design education, Lancaster University UK.
If you would be interested in helping to set up this program in your city &/or institution, please contact Ramon Marmolejos at email@example.com
Attend if YOU ARE:
- A teacher who is progressive and ready to explore new models for designing and delivering education and learning strategies.
- A teacher who is already achieving the above, but would like a methodology to do it better and help anchor it more inside your school and colleagues.
- A person or edu-preneur who is engaged in designing new education at under and post grad level who needs some inspiration to introduce authentic change makers, entrepreneurs and leaders into your society.
- A 'new' program designer who either works within traditional Education or as an entrepreneur in order to offer a change ready mindset delivering education.
- Professional organizational consultants, process facilitator or trainer who wants to explore how to design more experience based and authentic leadership workshops.
Below are 2 videos, the first shows a recent Masterclass in Sydney. The second shows some thoughts from the course founder.
MASTERCLASS AGENDA OVERVIEW
Some learning outcomes include:
- Learn about team-based pedagogy, group dynamics and team building methods to establish strong peer-to-peer, shared learning environments and to increase student engagement.
Learn how to design, lead and facilitate transformational programs, learning spaces, learning experiences and strategies and how to establish the correct frames that promote “multiple pathways to learning so that all students are engaged and successful”.
- Learn how to run creative processes, exploring ideas and innovation using effective and fun brainstorming techniques, rapid prototyping and working with problem solving through design thinking practices.
- Learn about the hidden potential in practical and class-team work for the development of intra and interpersonal student skills such as personal expression and values, leadership, collaboration etc. and how to integrate them into curriculum design, daily lesson plans, and a classroom environment which promotes stretch zones, risk taking, creativity and reflection.
- Learn the importance of open dialogue with your students around transparent and proactive planning and learning agreements, supporting personal educational commitment
Each participant will receive an invite to the A&CFLS Alumni network on linkedIn. You will also receive a link to the Dropbox that has the following in it!
- The slide deck with all the posters and tools used (&more).
- The full 1st day schedule, step by step so that you can repeat this day with your colleagues or students, invite them into an experiment and then ask what did we like from this way of working.
- A 20-page workbook with all the exercises that you have experienced with facilitator notes and some extra ones that we use to promote innovation, creativity & leadership.
- Further reading & reference. 100 very well-chosen articles to deepen your practice and theory from the masterclass.
- 20 handpicked online videos again to deepen your practice and theory from the masterclass and support anchoring and communication of this methodology.
- The Kaospilot presentation that you didn’t see during the masterclass.
- And over 50 tools explained in detail, processes, energizers, interventions and exercises that you can use to SET, HOLD & LAND your learning arches.
- An an A3 version of the vision "Backcasting" tool.
Facilitator: Ramon Marmolejos
I am a learning designer, facilitator and strategy consultant with a passion for developing people and organizations. My purpose is to help people, teams, and organisations build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform, and have a positive impact in the world. For over 15 years, I have worked with executive teams and leaders at multinational companies, global third sector organisations and top universities around the world. My focus has been on delivering transformational human capital strategy, leadership development, organisational change, inclusive workplaces and design thinking alongside leaders tackling the toughest issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, energy, and environmental sustainability. I graduated from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and completed an International MBA at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. I am a certified Kaospilot Design Agency facilitator and proud to offer the Masterclasses in Australia.