L2 Vocabulary and Grammar Quizzes Due
今日は金曜日です。 きょうはきんようびです。 ^_^
Happy Friday Everyone! :D
- Today you will take the Lesson 2 Vocabulary Quiz and Lesson 2 Grammar Quiz
- After taking your quizzes, double check to be sure you've completed all of your assignments from both Lessons 1 and 2.
- Review the info below about coaching and make sure you know who your coach is and when you will have coaching. You will need to make sure you and your computer are ready to go for your first session.
Coaching Starts on Monday, February 1st!
All the deets about coaching
The link above will take you to the Japanese 2 coaching schedule.
If you have not signed up for coaching yet or do not see your name on this list, text Boutin Sensei at 919-964-5227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your desired time/day/coach so you can be added TODAY.
If you see your name in yellow, you need to join a coaching group that already exists. Pick your group and then text Boutin Sensei at 919-964-5227 or email email@example.com with your name and your desired time/day/coach so you can be added. Try to pick a group that is smaller to avoid overcrowding.
Click the link below to open a handy dandy reference guide that will help you get you and your computer ready for coaching. Please read through this today and make sure you're ready to go for coaching on Monday/Tuesday next week!
Take BOTH Your Vocabulary and Grammar Quizzes Today
You will take 2 quizzes for each lesson in Japanese 2. The Vocabulary Quiz focuses solely on vocabulary and the Grammar Quiz will test your grammar and vocabulary knowledge. You can take them in any order you choose, but I suggest starting with the vocabulary quiz.
Before taking both quizzes, carefully review your vocabulary words and grammar notes from Lesson 2. Remember the vocabulary presentation you made earlier this week? That is an excellent tool to help you study for your vocabulary quiz! Make sure you check your feedback for that assignment (and all other assignments) to see how you did and if you need to improve on anything. The video below explains how to check your feedback. You need to check this on a regular basis to help you "level up" in Japanese.
Everyone got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card on overdue assignments during the past 2 weeks of class.
Any assignment from lessons 1 and 2 that is not submitted prior to Monday morning (February 1st) is subject to point deductions for being overdue.
Going forward from February 1st, all assignments submitted past their due date are subject to point deductions for being overdue.
It's super important to stay on pace with the course to ensure your success in Japanese 2. One of the best ways you can do this is to print out your DUE DATE CALENDAR (link below) and keep it somewhere you see it each day.
If you don't understand something or need help, this does not excuse overdue work. It is your responsibility to seek help if you need it. Contact me if you need help or don't understand something so we can figure it out together and get you on your merry way to Good Grade Land in Japanese 2. :D
Did you print out a copy of the handy dandy due date calendar yet? If not, please do this today and put it somewhere you'll see it everyday!
Make sure you're comfortable using the particle に before taking your L2 grammar quiz.
Use に to:
- Talk about where something is, like "in" れいぞうこ が だいどころ に あります。 The refrigerator is in the kitchen.
- To indicate were we are going "to" がっこう に いきます。I go to school
- To say what we are doing "for" an occasion (like breakfast!) あさごはん に シリアルとくだもの を たべます。 I eat cereal and fruit for breakfast.
- Indicate at a specific time. まいあさ、ごぜんしちじにおきます。 I wake up at 7:00 AM every morning.
- indicate movement toward or away from the location. うちにかえります。 I return (to) home.
Don't forget the Peer Tutoring Center!
Lesson 2 Wrap Up
- Note when your coaching time/day is and who your coach is (contact me TODAY if you need to sign up)
- Lesson 2 Writing Assignment
- Lesson 2 Culture Discussion
- Lesson 2 Speaking Assignment
- Lesson 2 Vocabulary Assignment
- Lesson 2 Vocabulary Quiz
- Lesson 2 Grammar Quiz
- All orientation items + Lesson 1 items
If you still need to do any of these items, please complete them today to stay on pace with the course. It is very important to stay on pace and not fall behind in Japanese 2! Contact me or the Peer Tutoring Center if you need help.