Otoe County 4-H Wednesday What-Nots
March 29, 2023
In This Issue
- Enroll in 4-H for 2022-23!
- Shout Outs and Fun Finds
- Upcoming 4-H Workshops & Events
- 4-H Public Speaking and Presentation Contest
- 4-H Music and Performing Arts Contest-multi-County
- Livestock Updates
- Horse News
- Club Resources
If you are having problems with your enrollment, this site can help you navigate through most problems, or please call me at the office and I will help you.
Looking for Legos!
The 4H Exploration Area Committee is looking for old lego pieces. If anyone has any old pieces they would donate to the program area, please contact Sherlyn Damme @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Otoe County Sharp Shooter's has started up archery. If you have archery equipment you would like to donate/sell to our club, please contact Rustin Brooks or Sherlyn Damme.
Governor's Ag Excellence Award
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation’s Governor’s Agricultural Excellence Award is a prestigious award designed to recognize 4-H Clubs for their efforts to serve their communities. This award provides funding for 4-H Clubs to complete projects that will have a lasting impact on their communities. Projects should be intentional and impactful, growing club members as leaders and fulfilling a need in their community. Applications are due April 1. Learn more at ne4hfoundation.org/governors-ag-excellence-award
1998- our own 4-H Council Member Jaclyn Kreifels, Once a 4-Her, always a 4-Her!
New Beef Fitting Contest for 2023
Currently at 65 New Members!!!!
Keep it going!!!
YQCA Training - Friday, May 19th
Please go to https:// yqcaprogram.org
Enter your log in information from last year, choose child's age and Instructor-Led training. Once you add this to the cart, you can scroll to May 19th, and find the Otoe County training. Choose either the morning or afternoon time and add. You will be charged $3 for each session. Please register asap if you plan on using this training. If you need help, let me know.
Otoe County Progressive Agriculture Farm Safety Day https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078985015650
or you can register at https://forms.gle/TCq8dBLA3kCuArBP7. This year you have the option to Venmo registration fees.
Save the Date! June 26- Livestock Showmanship Clinic at Kimmel ....
Camp Discount from the Otoe County 4-H Foundation
I have one code left from your Otoe County 4-H Foundation $300 discount, please call me before you register for camp online. :)
Check out all the camps at Nebraska 4-H Camps | Nebraska 4-H (unl.edu)
4-H Club Best Practices
- Uses experiential learning—learning by doing—as a primary teaching approach.
- Shows evidence of fostering the Essential Elements of 4-H Youth Development.
- Includes planned opportunities to learn and apply life skills such as leadership, citizenship, community service and public speaking.
- Provides experiences to develop in-depth knowledge about science, engineering and technology; leadership and citizenship; healthy living; agriculture literacy; and college and career readiness.
- Provides programs, curricula, and procedures that are based in research and are developmentally appropriate.
- Provides participants and volunteers access to resources of land-grant universities and to county, state, and national 4-H opportunities.
- Fosters youth-adult partnerships that encourage active involvement and participation by youth and adults.
- Provides safe and healthy physical and emotional environments.
- Offers projects in a wide range of subject matter areas relevant to the Land Grant University knowledge base to meet youth needs and interests.
UPCOMING 4-H Calendar
- Wednesday, April 12- 4-H Council Meeting 7:00 pm
- Friday, April 14- Deadline to register for Public Speaking and Presentation Contest
- Sunday, April 16-4-H New Shooter Clinic - Kimmel
- Saturday, April 22- Door Hanger Workshop - Fair Center
- Sunday, April 23- Public Speaking and Presentation Contest
- Friday, April 28- Office closed for Arbor Day Holiday