September 29, 2017
Knoxville Community Panther Walk
Help Knoxville win the Community Challenge!
• Post a photo of yourself or with your friends walking on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
• Use the hashtag #GetYourWalkOn
Mike Finarty recently presented to the KHS Ag Tech class about biofuels and other byproducts derived from corn.
The students enjoyed learning about Ethanol vs. Gasoline, quantities of corn used in many products and how important our Iowa corn fields are to products in our nation and beyond.
Ag students during their recent Career Development Day.
KHS Student Senate Gears Up for Homecoming
KHS HOMECOMING ACTIVITIES
Follow Student Senate on Twitter @senate_KHS
HOMECOMING “MOVIE KICK-OFF BASH” - SATURDAY 9/30
TIME/LOCATION: Movie Starts at 8:00pm @ Practice Soccer Field (NE side of the school)
REMINDER: Collection Boxes are out to collect cans from students for their grade (double points for each item)
MOVIE: Remember the Titans
*Concessions will be sold to the students: Water, popcorn, and regular M&Ms
DRESS-UP DAYS - ALL WEEK
Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: Dress as Your Favorite Teacher Day
Wednesday: USA Day
Thursday: Pun Day
Friday: Spirit Day (Black and Gold, Class t-shirt day)
*Outfits must be school appropriate. If not, students will be sent home.
*Pictures will be taken each day during 1st Panther Time/Advisory by Mr. Gibbons’ room.
*Points will be awarded to the grade with the highest participation, based on who gets their picture taken.
CLASS CUP COMPETITION - ALL WEEK
Activities throughout Homecoming
Each grade will try to earn points to win the “Class Competition Cup”
Different events are worth different amounts of points (one of the biggest is the food drive)
AND SO MUCH MORE! CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR 2017 HOMECOMING
Fifth Grade Focus
Fifth graders are getting geared up for a great year. Here is the current focus in each subject:
Social Studies: geography, September 11, and Constitution Day
Science: scientific method, variables, models, graphing data, and using science tools
Reading: fluency, theme, context clues
Language Arts: sentence types: declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, and imperative
Math: basic structure of our number system- place value, powers of ten, and algorithms
6th Grade Field Trip to Vermeer
Adult Activity Passes
- Activity Punch Card (Admits Cardholder + Guest): $50 for cardholder + guest admission to ten home events (excluding tournaments, post-season or special events) for the 2017-18 school year. This is great for both students and adults.
- Adult All-Seasons Pass: $100 for admission to unlimited home events during the 2017-18 school year (excluding tournaments, post-season or special events).
Purchase yours today:
- on your www.PayForIt.net account
- over the phone (Visa or Mastercard) by calling Rachelle at 641-842-2173 opt 6 OR Lisa at 641-842-6551, opt 1.
- in person, between the hours of 8am-3:30pm, with Rachelle @ the KHS Activities office or with Lisa @ the Admin. Bldg.
Student Activity Passes ($50) are also available for purchase at www.PayForIt.net and are good for all home events during the 2017-18 school year (excluding tournaments, post-season or special events). These are available for purchase/pickup at your child's school building.
For questions, please email: Ryan.Rump@kcsd.k12.ia.us or Rachelle.Hall@kcsd.k12.ia.us.
The Knoxville Community School District has the following current vacancies:
Associate / Para-Educator (Northstar)
Volunteers (district-wide, variety of needs)
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball, Asst. Coach
- 7th Grade Girls Basketball, Asst. Coach
- Middle School Wrestling, Head Coach
- Middle School Wrestling, Asst. Coach
- Varsity Girls Golf Coach
Varsity Girls Soccer Coach
- Varsity Softball, Head Coach
- Varsity Softball, Asst. Coach
- Softball, 9th Grade Coach
- Substitutes in all areas (child nutrition, custodian, transportation, teacher, associate
Please direct application questions for any vacancy to Lisa.Willis@kcsd.k12.ia.us or 641-842-6551 opt. 1.
KCSD Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Knoxville Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Equity Coordinator Jill Van Woerkom, Director of Human Resources at 309 W Main, Knoxville, IA 50138, 641/842-6551 or email@example.com. The grievance will then be directed to the appropriate administrator charged with managing the program or department specified in the grievance.
The Board requires all persons, agencies, vendors, contractors and other persons and organizations doing business with or performing services for the District to subscribe to all applicable federal and state laws, executive orders, rules and regulations pertaining to contract compliance and equal opportunity.