September Community Newsletter
Superintendent Jamie Frank
Windom Schools Mission Statement
- Every Wednesday - School Ends at 2:30 - Teachers work in PLCs (Professional Learning Communities)
- October 7 - Early Out (12:30 for Elementary, 12:40 for Middle High)
- October 20 & 21 - No School
Family and Community Engagement Specialist
Antonio Cerda has been hired as the Family and Community Engagement Specialist (FACES). This was funded through a Remick Grant in an effort to communicate effectively and create an environment in which all families know that they are valuable members of Windom Schools. He will be making contact with all diverse families regularly to involve them in the education of their child(ren). He will be able to answer questions, communicate messages from teachers, give tours of the buildings, and build relationships with families. Please use his skills to help students in your classroom. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Your Eagles Team
Upcoming Varsity Home Events:
- September 8 - Varsity Volleyball - 7:15 - Blue Gym
- September 9 - Varsity Football - 7:00pm at Island Park
- September 10- Varsity Boys Soccer - 9:30am - St. James High School
- September 16- Varsity Girls Soccer - 4:30 pm - St. James High School
- September 19 - Cross Country Meet - 4:30pm - Windom Country Club
- September 23 - Varsity Football - 7:00pm - Island Park
- September 26 - Varsity Volleyball - 7:15 - Blue Gym
- September 27 - Varsity Boys Soccer - 4:30 pm - St. James High School
- September 27 - Varsity Girls Soccer - 6:00 pm - St. James High School
- September 30 - Varsity Football - 7:00pm at Island Park
- September 30 - Varsity Boys Soccer - 4:30pm at St. James High School
- October 4 - Girls Soccer - 4:30 at St. James High School
- October 4 - Varsity Volleyball - 7:15pm in the Blue Gym
- October 6 - Varsity Volleyball- 7:15 in the Blue Gym
Windom Students are FREE to attend all events.
Do you have a 4 year College Degree OR 5 years Experience in a Career/Tech Area?
Being a substitute teacher is highly rewarding and a way for you to pass along your knowledge to the next generation. In the state of Minnesota, a person with a 4-year degree (in any field) from a U.S.regionally accredited college/university OR 5 years of experience in a career and technical area such as Ag(farming), Construction, Business Ownership, Medical Services, etc. is eligible for a substitute license!
When you are a substitute teacher at Windom Area Schools, you can choose the level and content area that you’d like to work in! You can work one day a month or every day! The options are endless!
The more you work, the greater the pay! The daily rate of pay increases the more days you work ranging from $150 per day to $200 per day.
Hey Retired Teachers!
Legislation passed suspending earning limitations for the next three fiscal years (2022, 2023, & 2024). This means you can be a guest teacher (substitute) and not be penalized for your retirement benefits. You can accept or deny jobs based on your schedule for the day! And retired Windom Teachers are paid $175 per day until 11 days are accumulated, then you are paid $200 per day! This is determined monthly. If you work 1-10 days during the month you get paid $175 per day. If you work 11 or more you get paid $200 for all 11+ days! Please contact Mandy Miller at email@example.com to be placed on the call list.