Topic: Finding Your Way
- Using a map of your city or town, locate where you live.
- Draw a map for a friend so he or she can locate your home, a park, a school, or other locations in your neighborhood. Use symbols to show parks, buildings, trees, and water. You can invent your own symbols. Be sure to include a key so your symbols can be identified.
- Identify what a compass rose is and where it is on the map
- Use a compass to identify which direction is north. Show how to determine which way is south, east, and west
- Go on a scavenger hunt using a compass, and locate an object with a compass.
- Using a map and compass, go on a hike or walk with your den or family. Practice the outdoor code!
Fun Activity to Try: Armpit Fudge
Community Service Project: CHoose 1
Dear Friends of The Scarlett Fund,
Special Birthday Card Request
I received a special request from Caleb who many of you have made cards for over the last 2 years. Caleb asked if we could surprise his brother by sending him birthday cards for his 10th birthday.
Due to COVID-19, I asked his mother if my friends could send cards directly to his house and she said yes! (For privacy purposes, I usually gather the cards and then send them all together.). The more cards the better but I want to be respectful of the Guawan's address being out in cyberspace so please do not forward except to your family or close friends.
For clarification, MATTHEW IS NOT SICK! His brother, Caleb, is battling cancer.
How it works:
- Make a birthday card for Matthew
- Matthew is turning 10 years old
- He loves the color blue, basketball, Golden State Warriors, Steph Curry and Burgers
- Mail the card to arrive on or before May 13th.
Address: Matthew Gunawan
1706 Longwood Ct.
Goshen, IN 46526