Conroe High School Tiger Tracks
August 15, 2021
Hello Conroe Tiger Families
Thank you for a great start to our school year! It was exciting to see all of our students in the buildings connecting with our staff and each other. Our students did an amazing job of quickly learning our drop off procedures and travel routes in the buildings. We appreciate your patience the first few days as every one becomes adjusted to their new routines. Our students made an excellent impression on our staff and they are excited to work with you and your students this school year! Here are some updates and reminders:
Verification of Student Registration - If you have not already done so, please complete the Verification of Student Registration as soon as possible. The process will update email addresses and phone numbers. If you have not received the email with the subject: Conroe Independent School District Verification of Student Registration Directions please check your junk/spam folder. If it is not there, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (10-12 grade) and email@example.com (9th grade) If NO EMAIL ADDRESS is on file with the district, letters were mailed to the address on file.
Student Transportation - If your child will be riding the bus it is extremely important that you register for transportation. Please visit : https://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/ If your child will be utilizing the Late Bus any time this year, you must Register: https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/
Dress Code - As we move forward, please assist us with student dress code. The General Dress Code Quick Guide is below.
COVID Information - If your child tests positive for COVID, please be sure to notify our CHS Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit Roadmap for Remaining Open regarding our CISD Covid Procedures.
SB 1697 – Parent Option for Student Retention -SB 1697 passed during the 87th Legislative Session makes available to parents/guardians an opportunity for their student to repeat any course in which their student was enrolled during the 2020-2021 school year. Under the law, this opportunity expires at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
UIL eligibility rules apply to repeated courses.
Grading and progress reports will be issued with the grades and reports for all other courses in which the student is enrolled for the 2021-2022 school year.
If a student is repeating a course for which the student did not earn credit during the 2020-2021 school year, both the prior failing grade and the grade earned during the 2021-2022 school year will be reflected on the student’s transcript and both will be used to calculate the student’s GPA.
If a student is repeating a course for which the student did earn credit during the 2020-2021 school year, both the grade earned during the 2020-2021 school year and the grade earned during the 2021-2022 school year will be reflected on the student’s transcript; however, the 21-22 grade will not be calculated as part of the student’s GPA. No credit will be awarded for a course for which credit has been previously earned.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Conroe High School: 936-709-5700 or email@example.com.
Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus: 936-709-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support!
Sic ‘em Tigers,
Principal, Conroe High School
Principal, Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus
Contact Information for Assistant Principals & Counselors
CISD School Calendar
Conroe High School PTO
Important Information For Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
Parking Passes - If your child is driving to school please be sure they take care of everything they need to in order to purchase a parking pass. Students will need to park in their assigned parking spot!
View Student Parking Map Here: https://bit.ly/3yTjtYC
Car Riders - Parents that will be dropping off their students, DO NOT drop your student off on Hwy 105! You can either drop off in the Preferred car rider line at Wilson Road and Longmire or in the front of the building. Please plan for delays with the car rider line. Our front doors will open at 6:45 and First Period begins at 7:15.
View Car Rider Map Here: https://bit.ly/2VRD4tY
Important Information For Freshmen
CHS9 Car Riders:
If you bring your student to school by vehicle, then please remember that the traffic loop in front of the Ninth Grade Campus contains two lanes. Vehicles can utilize the inside lane (left lane) to help alleviate traffic. When our duty personnel see students getting out of the vehicle from the left lane, we will stop traffic in the right lane allowing your student to cross safely. Please remind your student to check traffic before getting out of the vehicle. Parents, please continue to drive slowly and safely in the student drop-off area. We appreciate your attention to safety and patience every day.
Ninth Grade Students with Classes at CHS-Main:
My first period class is at CHS-Main, what do I do?
If you are a freshman and your FIRST period class is at CHS Main, you are to report to the Main campus in the morning. If you have questions about your bus route from home to the Main Campus, then please contact CISD transportation at 936-709-7940 or CHS9 at 936-709-4000. You will ride a shuttle bus from Main to CHS9 at the end of FIRST period.
My fifth period class is at CHS-Main, what do I do?
If you are a freshman and your FIFTH period class is at CHS Main, then you will ride a shuttle bus to Main. Shuttle buses will pick you up at the back of CHS9 at the end of fourth period. The shuttle bus will return you to CHS9 at the end of FIFTH period.
My last period class is at CHS-Main, what do I do?
If you are a freshman and your SEVENTH period class is at CHS Main, then you will ride a shuttle bus to Main at the end of sixth period. Your day will end at Main campus. You will need to go home from the Main campus by car or by bus. If you have questions about your bus route from the Main campus to home, then please contact CISD transportation at 936-709-7940 or CHS9 at 936-709-4000.
CONROE TIGER GEAR
In The News
**Tickets must be purchased online for all athletic events!**
- Wednesday, August 11th - First Day of School
- Monday, August 16th - Conroe Tiger Volleyball vs. Westfield
- Thursday, August 19th - CLASS OF 2022 - Senior Parent Info Night @ 6:00
- Monday, August 23rd - Conroe Tiger Volleyball vs. Cleveland
- Tuesday, August 24th - Orchestra Parent Night
- Friday, August 27th - CAMO DAY: Conroe Tiger Varsity FB vs. Mayde Creek
- Wednesday, September 1st - Conroe Tiger JV FB vs. Kingwood
- Thursday, September 2nd - Conroe Tiger Varsity Football vs. Kingwood (Away)
- Thursday, September 2nd - Underclassmen Parent Night @ 6:00
- Friday, September 3rd - Senior Sunrise @ 6:30
- Monday, September 6th- Labor Day - School Holiday
- Thursday, September 9th - Conroe Tiger JV FB vs. Summer Creek
- Friday, September 10th - Conroe Tiger Varsity FB vs. Summer Creek (Away)
- Monday, September 13th - Conroe Tiger Volleyball vs. Sealy
- Thursday, September 16th - Conroe Tiger Fresh FB vs. Lamar
- Friday, September 17th - TIE-DYE DAY: Conroe Tiger Varsity FB vs. Lamar
- Wednesday, September 22nd - Conroe Tiger JV FB vs. Clear Springs
- Thursday, September 23rd - Conroe Tiger Varsity FB vs. Clear Springs (Away)
- Monday, September 27th - CLASS OF 2022 - Financial Aid Night @ 6:00
- Tuesday, September 28th - Conroe Tiger Volleyball vs. College Park
- Thursday, September 30th - Choir Concert
- Friday, October 1st - Conroe Tiger Volleyball vs. The Woodlands
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
• Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
• Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
• News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!