Sam Houston Elementary
Every Child Every Day with Excellence!
November 2020 Family Newsletter
Haga clic aquí para ver la edición en español del boletín para padres de la escuela primaria Sam Houston
Sam Houston Elementary Mission
From Principal Cavazos
We want to thank all of our Sam families for a wonderful month of October.
- Held a Fall Car Parade to welcome all students to the new year!
- Received our first round of face to face students with ease.
- Students took their beginning of the year assessments.
- Held three sessions of Brighter Bites, handing out free fruits and vegetables to our families
- Hosted curbside meals to Sam families on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Held first grading period report card parent conferences
- Received our second round of face to face students with success!
- Issued Chromebooks to all Sam Houston students. (If your child does not have theirs, please contact our school.)
- Recognized 43 students for Medal of Honor: Compassion and Tolerance
- Celebrated Unity Day- Wearing orange for bullying awareness
- Celebrated Red Ribbon week - Say No to Drugs!
We look forward to even more great things to take place in November! Stay tuned!
November we will be hosting our first Virtual Coffee with the Principal. We will host different topics each month. Parents will have an opportunity to ask questions about the school year. Join us Thursday, November 12 @ 3:45 p.m. for our first session. Our topics for November will be Bullying Awareness and Virtual Learning. Please click the link "REGISTER HERE" to register for the session. An email will be sent with the meeting link to join on the day of the meeting. Meetings will be conducted in English and Spanish. REGISTER HERE.
We thank you for your continued support for Sam Houston Elementary. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at our school.
We wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!
This Month at Sam!
November 4- Dress Western (NSSH Homecoming Spirit Week)
November 5- Dress Tie Dye (NSSH Homecoming Spirit Week)
November 6- Dress in Red, White, Black (NSSH Homecoming Spirit Week)
November 10- GP Area Council Meeting @ 10 a.m.
November 11, 18- College Day- Wear your favorite college shirt
November 12 - Virtual Coffee with the Principal @ 3:45 p.m.
November 12- Brighter Bites 9:30-10:30 a.m.
November 13- National Kindness Day
November 16- No Place for Hate Meeting @ 3:45 p.m.
November 16-20 - College Week
November 17- GPISD Virtual College Fair
November 19 - Winter Showcase Performance Try Outs
November 23-27- Thanksgiving Break
November 30- Students return
November 30- Instructional Arrangement form opens for the 3rd nine weeks
Click here to read about our student expectations during remote learning.
Student Daily Self Assessment
From our School Nurse, Mrs. Calles
It is so good to see the students following school guidelines. They are doing a wonderful job distancing in the hallways and wearing their face cover appropriately.
Please make sure they pack their face mask in their backpack the night before to assure they have it as they walk into the campus the next morning.
Our drinking areas (water fountains) remain closed as a precaution against COVID, therefore I ask you to please remember to send one or two bottles of water for your child every day. Staying hydrated is very important.
Please check out our Technology page to find support for remote learning.
GPISD COVID-19 CONTROLLED ACCESS AND VISITOR POLICY
In order to protect the security of District students, staff, and the learning environment at schools, all visitors, including parents/guardians, shall conform to the GPISD Visitation Policy.
Please click on the link below to familiarize yourself with the GPISD COVID-19 Controlled Access and Visitor Policy.