Examples of Government Propaganda
By: Rishav Rout
Example: Obama with in red, white, and blue, with hope below.
Namecalling: Trash talking another person or product.
Card-stacking: Manipulating information to make a product than it truly is by unfair comparisons, fact omission, or one-sided views.
Example for both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3Y1KPzW9k
Testimonial: A famous person recommending a product.
Example: Shaq recommending IcyHot
Plain folks: Appealing to normal people through family and patriotism.
Example: Mitt Romney with children.
Bandwagon: An appeal to be part of a group
Example: McDonalds, Over 99 billion served
Transfer: The act of relating something or someone we like or respect with a product/person.
Other Historical Examples
SQUEALER IS THE MAIN ENFORCER OF PROPAGANDA in animal farm
Animal Farm Examples
When Squealer calls Snowball a traitor and and criminal.
Squealer praising Napoleon for all the great achievements in the Rebellion, etc.
All the animals follow Boxer's example in following Napoleon.v
Pigs telling the other animals that they work as well, just in different ways, and "comrade".
The changing of the commandments without the consent of other animals.
The sheep bleating "Four legs good, two legs bad," and "Four legs good, two legs better."
Whenever the other animals questioned the pigs, Squealer just told them to go with it unless, they wanted Jones back.
- "Government." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 03 Dec. 2014.
- "Propaganda." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2014.
- "Propaganda Nation: How North Korea Spreads Its Message." TheJournalie. N.p., 20 Dec. 2013. Web. 04 Dec. 2014.
- "7 Types of Propaganda." Quizlet, 2010. Web. 04 Dec. 2014.
- USHMM. "What Is Propaganga?" United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. United States Holocaust Memorial Council, n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2014.