Hope Charter Leadership Academy
"Empowering Leaders Today To Change Tomorrow"
Weekly Newsletter: June 1
HCLA Events & Activities:
Week of June 1
- Monday, June 1 & 2: Smile Dental
- Monday, June 1: Y Family Night
- Tuesday, June 2: Faculty Meeting/EOG Test Training (Mandatory)
- Tuesday, June 2: Book Fair Family Night
- Thursday, June 4: Charter Renewal Site Visit
- Friday, June 5: First Friday Assembly
- Friday, June 5: Enrollment Acceptance Confirmations Due from new Applicants
Week of June 8
- Monday, June 8: Waitlist Notifications for available seats
- Wednesday, June 10: Board Meeting
- Thursday, June 11: Leadership Night
*Please note that our mandatory full staff Year 2 training that was initially scheduled for the last day of school has been re-scheduled for July 17th (8:30-3:30). Please mark your calendars.
The Countdown is on 20 days until the last day of school!
This Week's Hallway Huddle Quote & Activities
“ Learning never exhausts the mind”
-Leonardo Da Vinci
- What is something that you have really been meaning to learn how to do? It could be a hobby, joining a new club, playing a sport, etc.
- What is holding you back from learning this new skill and what could you do to set a goal to make it happen?
- Students will then discuss with each other something new that they would like to learn how to do or about.
- Students may want to think about this new skill as they set their goals for what they would like to accomplish over the summer.
- Teachers, please remember to make mClass testing a priority in order to complete by the end of our testing window. It is very important that we meet the deadline of our testing window.
- Interim reports should be sent home on this Friday (due to the extension provided last week). Please make sure that you have them complete and in folders.
- Please be prepared at our June 16th meeting to discuss curriculum orders for next school year.
A 7 Habits Weekly Booster...
Employ ethos, pathos, and logos. Ethos relates to your personal credibility; pathos has to do with your feeling, empathic side; logos is your logic. When you employ all three of these qualities in your interactions, you're taking all known facts and perceptions into account, which benefits everyone.
Habit 5: Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood
I'm a Teacher: An Educator's Anthem
Let Me Know...
Have interesting stories or information you would like to share with our HCLA faculty and staff? Please email me any newsletter information and I will be sure to include in our weekly newsletter.