Nolasco News Update
Third Edition * April 2016
Student Reporters for this Edition: Ariana Orozco & Hamsini Radhakrishnan
PARCC Testing Schedule for 5th Grade:
ELA April 26, 28, & 29
Math May 3-6
5 Ways PARCC Testing will be different this year: (Source: http://www.nj.com/education/2016/03/5_ways_parcc_testing_will_be_different_in_2016.html)
- One testing window for ELA & Math
- Shorter testing time
- Fewer test sections
- Some 11th graders exempt
- Faster results
- Visit http://parcc.pearson.com/ for more information
Math Class-Chapter 13 Properties of Triangles and Four-Sided Figures
- Learn about classifying triangles.
- Learn about measuring of angles and of triangles.
- Learn about triangle inequality.
- Learn about parallelograms, rhombus, and trapezoid
Language Arts Class: The Contract was a Homerun!
Do you have what it takes to become a JETER'S LEADER?
- I am drug and alcohol free.
- I volunteer in my community.
- I am good to the environment.
- I am a role model for kids.
- I do not use the word "can't".
- I am a role model for my pers and younger kids.
- I stand up for what's right.
- I am respectful to others.
- I encourage others to participate.
- I am open-minded
- I set my goals high.
- I do well in school.
- I like to exercise and eat well to keep my body stong.
- I am educated on current events.
Motion & Design Lesson 5: Designing Vehicles to Meet Requirements
DESIGN CHALLENGEYou are part of a famous engineering design team. Your team has been hired by "Out-of-this-World-Vehicles," a company that specializes in designing space exploration vehicles. Your team must design and build a lunar vehicle that will move slowly on wheels across the lunar surface while being pulled by a rope. The design requirements are the following:
- Start with the standard vehicle.
- Add building pieces to make your design unique. Be creative!
- Your vehicle must be able to carry large lunar rocks (represented by wood blocks).
- Your vehicle must move across your work space in 4 to 6 seconds while being pulled by a rope.
- All group members MUST have the opportunity to help design/build the vehicle.
When I Grow Up...
Tech Talk: Go Noodle
GoNoodle gets over 10 million kids moving to be their strongest, bravest, silliest, smartest, bestest selves. We have maxed out three Champs so far while completing over 300 minutes of brain breaks and exercise!
Nutley Color Run May 22
Registration: 8:30-9:30 AM
Event begins at: 9:30 AMhttp://shop.schoolathon.org/EventIndex.asp?EID=183880
Lincoln School's Group I.D. 120294
Join our group for a fun, healthy event: The Nutley Color Run. This event will benefit ALL Nutley students. Be sure to register online at www.schoolathon.org and use your group I.D. number found above.
Packet Turn-In Date April 20, 2016
Make checks payable to: Lincoln School PTO