IN THE MIDDLE
November 16, 2015
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday, November 16
- BOE (Board of Eduction) Meeting @ Ackerson, 6:00 pm
Tuesday, November 17
- Report Cards Go Home with Students
Thursday, November 19
- Builders Club Induction @ MHS, 7:00 pm
Friday, November 20
- PTSA Spirit Wear Orders Due
- Spirit Day - Wear Your Big 10 Gear
Wednesday, 11/25 - Friday, November 11/27
- NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING BREAK
Tuesday, December 1
- Health Heroes Flu Clinic (rescheduled)
- PTSA Meeting @ Media Center, 5:30 pm
Friday, December 4
- PTSA Fun Night (5th/6th @ 5 pm; 7th/8th @ 7 pm)
- Spirit Day - Dutch Day!
Monday, December 7
- Winter NWEA Testing Begins
Friday, December 18
- Spirit Day - Wear Your PJ's
DECEMBER 21 - JANUARY 1
- NO SCHOOL -- WINTER BREAK
A MINUTE WITH MRS. MAYES
As a part of our school improvement process, we are asking all parents to complete this survey for AdvancEd, our accreditation agency. You may wonder where the results of the survey go? We have a District School Improvement Team (DSIT) who review and dissect the results for every survey you take, trying to find ways we can improve as a district. We appreciate your time and effort completing this survey. Completing the survey, in some ways, is like voting on issues and improvement in Manchester.
The survey is a bit long, at 40 questions, but it is well worth your time. The survey is not building specific; rather, your view on the district as a whole. Here is the link.
- The first marking period report cards will be sent home with students on Tuesday, 11/17.
- It was great to see so many smiling faces at conferences last week. If you weren't able to make it, feel free to contact your child's teacher anytime to discuss his/her progress.
- Text alerts are available through Remind. TEXT @mms5678 to 81010
- Weekly classroom assignment charts are listed below, or you can also find them under the middle school's "Parents & Students" tab.
Meet Matt Hall, 5th Grade Teacher
Mr. Hall was born and raised in Saline, MI. He graduated from Saline and attended WCC and EMU to obtain his degree in education. He then taught at North Side Middle School in Elkhart, Indiana before coming to Manchester in 2008.
He has taught 5th, 7th, and 8th grade science at Manchester along with 5th grade math, science, and social studies. He is also the 7th grade football coach and boys middle school track coach.
Free Parent Workshops Offered through U of M
Parenting Through Separation and Divorce – An Approved Alternative to the SMILE Program
- These workshops are offered on the first Monday of the month from 7-8 p.m. at the UCCF office: 500 East Washington, Suite 100, Ann Arbor, 48104
- Run every month except September and January.
- Parents learn to understand their children’s needs during the time of separation and divorce.
- Suggestions are given for creating the most beneficial post-divorce parenting relationships
ADHD and Learning Disabilities (LD) – Parent Education Group for Parents of Children with ADHD/LD
- The workshop will be held at the UCCF office at 500 East Washington St., Suite 100, Ann Arbor, 48104.
- Participants share ideas and receive resources on topics such as their child’s ADHD/LD diagnosis, the emotional impact of learning problems, and community supports for parents and children.
- Parents receive new tools, practical information, and engage in discussions with other parents of children with ADHD/LD.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUBS / ATHLETICS
- Builders Club meets this month on November 10 and 24.
- 11/17 - Boys' Basketball v. Vandercook Lake (H), 4:30 pm
- 11/19 - Boys' Basketball v. Addison (H), 4:30 pm
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.