Cotillion 2020- Program Report
Summerville Alumnae Chapter ~ Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Cotillion 2020 -Objective
- Identified and recruited 12 female high school students in the local area for participation.
- Conducted six workshops related to academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Provided dance instruction ~(3 dances)
- Facilitated a "Meet and Greet" application experience- Sorority introduction~11 Debutantes
- Hosted a Mother/Daughter Tea~ 43 participants
- Conducted 4 virtual Meetings (after March 15)~
- Delivered Swag Gift Bags to Debutantes~ 12 Deliveries
- Hosted a virtual cotillion event ~ Approximately 132- Registered Guests
- Raised funds to benefit local community/scholarship initiatives ~ Approximately 21,000
Amonte Dennis- Presidential Award
- 1. Set an earlier date for cotillion event.
- 2. Create logistical calendar earlier and spend the later months working with the girls.
- 3. Conduct the cotillion more frequently.
- 4. Put the cotillion in policies and procedure, if it will be a signature event held every two years.
- 5. Have an event for younger girls, when difficult to get the older girls to participate in a cotillion.
- 6. Take pictures of the girls in their gowns for the souvenir booklet.
- 7. Continue photo shoot experience, sorority introductions and Mother/Daughter Tea.
- 8. Expand program to include field trips and simulations.
- 9. Specify explicit expectations for chapter members.
- Committee's Recommendations
- Spreadsheet of Overall Transactions
- Spreadsheet of Debutantes' Financial Contributions
- Spreadsheet of Sorority's Financial Contributions
Recommendation Regarding Cotillion Awards
The committee revisited the award amounts.
As a result of the discussion, a committee member moved that-
- The 1st place winner shall be awarded 20% of the amount raised or $1,000.00 whichever is greater.
- The 2nd place shall be awarded 15% of the amount raised or $500.00 whichever is greater.
- The 3rd place winner shall be awarded 10% of total or $250.00 whichever is greater.
- Superlative winners will receive $100.00.
- Each participant will receive $50.00 as a participation award. The motion carried.
The committee also recommended a Presidential Award of $200 will go to the Debutante whose participation, attendance, demeanor, and contributions to the Cotillion activities exceeded the other participants. The motion carried.