Challenging Minds, Inspiring Hearts
- Letters were sent home last week to those families who are still needing paperwork filled out. Please be sure and fill out this information and return to the front office as soon as possible.
- Morning drop off begins at 7:20 a.m. We can not accept children prior to 7:20 a.m. The ECC offers before school care. For more information about before school care please call Nina Sanchez at 409.739.5263.
- Parents- please park on the west side of the campus, by the grotto. Parking in front of Kukral is not permitted for parents; that is staff and teacher parking. Parents who park in front of Kukral especially for morning drop off, will be asked to move.
- Dress Code Warnings-The dress code grace period is still in effect until October 8th, but students may receive a Dress Code Warning. If your scholar receives a warning, please note he/she is NOT in trouble….it really is just to let you and them know what needs to be fixed before our grace period ends. Mrs. Lopez will be strictly enforcing dress code after October 8th, so please refer to the handbook if you have any questions, especially about shoes, socks, jackets, and belts.
- Hamburger Thursdays have begun. If you would like to purchase a hamburger meal, please contact the front office. One meal is $4.25 or you can purchase a card of 10 for $40.00. If you purchased a hamburger meal card, your scholar's teacher will hold the cards and punch the cards for each meal eaten. Your scholar's teacher will notify you once your scholar has punched 8 burgers so that you have time to purchase a new card. We do allow siblings to split cards as needed. Please make arrangements in the front office.
- Parent Teacher Conferences are next week. Please see information below.
- If you would like to donate to our FALCON STORE, Mrs. Lopez is setting up an online AMAZON WISHLIST. When it is ready, we will let you know! We are also taking any and all donations. Items such as balls, trinkets, stickers, puzzles, kids jewelry, and SEASONAL items are what we are looking for! Any and all donations are welcomed and appreciated.
Parent Teacher Conference's
Our scholar's are loving their new library! We love to read!
Learning is Fun!
Our 8th grade girls prove that middle school scholars can smile and learn at the same time!
Books and Buddies!
Nothing is better than a good friend and a good book!
Falcon Shout Outs!
Every week we choose several scholars who exhibit Falcon Excellence on campus and give them a FALCON SHOUT OUT!
- Shout Out to 1st grader Charlotte Godeaux for always being the first one to jump up and help her classmates in need.
- Shout Out to 5th graders Aubree Lopez and Lily Chouke for always being the first to volunteer to help teachers, staff members and other students!
- Shout Out to 7th grader Nick Daily for putting extra effort into really succeeding in Language Arts! He is doing great!
- Shout Out to Pre-K 4 Sofia Reyes, for being a wonderful scholar in everything she does!
- Shout Out to Adam Hanley, Adam has been working on his Brain Growth Mindset. He is more positive about completing his work in class. He knows that he may not be able to do it yet, but if he continues to work at it, he’ll complete the task.
- Shout Out to Elaina Gonzalez, for having good manners by saying “yes ma’am”, “please and thank you”.
Falcon Athletics Update
The Lady Falcons Volleyball team have started the season. In search for their first win of the season, the Lady Falcons are working together as a team and showing improvement each game. On September 14th, they will be participating in a tournament at St. Helen in Pearland. In the week ahead the girls' will be playing:
Monday, September 17, 2018, 4:30 PM
VS St. Augustine
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 4:30 PM
@ Queen of Peace - Richwood
Please come out and support our girls!
Coach Courtney Pursley is working to finalize her JV and Varsity squads. A listserv will be created soon to better communicate for our cheer squads and their families. Practices started this week, and the girls are already learning so much! We are looking forward to seeing our squads in action and Ms. Pursley and crew will be ready to rock all athletic events soon!
We are looking into starting up fundraisers in the near future for our athletics program. As always, we can't do it alone, so if you're interested in volunteering in any capacity, please contact our Co-Athletic Director Ygnacio Lopez at email@example.com and also visit our website fatimatc.org/athletics for the updated information for volunteering and sports calendar.
Basketball season is 55 days away. We are currently in need of a head coach and assistant coach for girls' basketball. Please contact our Co-Athletic Director Ygnacio Lopez (see email above) for more information.
We still have not heard word of anyone able or willing to volunteer time to coach our club team(s) for soccer. If you or anyone you know would like to have fun and show your knowledge and love for the game, please contact our Co-Athletic Director Ygnacio Lopez (see email above) for more information.
Falcons RISE UP!
We will have prizes for top sellers!
- Overall Top Seller-A Grand Prize Award TBA
- Overall Top Seller Pre-K-3rd-Gift Card
- Overall Top Seller 4th-8th- Gift Card
- All scholars who sell two books of tickets will receive a ticket to a special movie event on campus.
Mrs. Lopez has set the school goal at 500 books of tickets sold. If we reach 500 books of tickets sold Mrs. Lopez will award the school with a special prize! We can do it Falcons!
Tickets are due in the office no later than Tuesday, 10/2/18 to qualify for prizes.
Wow- what a week we have already had! On Tuesday we had an unexpected day off because of the weather. As hurricane season rears its tumultuous head, please be on the look out for school updates via IRIS, Facebook, and email. We will always do our best to keep you informed and updated as quickly as possible.
As we get further into the school year, I constantly remind my scholars what a blessing it is to be able to come to school, pray, and talk about Jesus. With that blessing comes the responsibility of emulating Him in all we do and say to the best of our human ability. Scholars are expected to treat each other with love, show respect,, and speak with kindness at all times. Anything less will not be permissible. Please support my efforts at home. These children have a whole life to battle outside forces--school should be a safe, warm place, full of Jesus, and full of love.
Please pray for our Archdiocese and our Church. Now more than ever, we need to stand strong in our faith and our Lord Jesus Christ. Please pray for our own Father Clint. And please know that your child's safety is always the utmost importance to us. We are adding new security features to our campus which we will tell you about very soon. Because of these new safety and security issues, please know that EVERY parent will always be asked and expected to follow school procedures for pick-up. drop-off, lunch visits, or being on campus. We know you will understand and support our efforts.
I continue to be humbled by the love and support of all my Fatima parents and family members. From the PTL, school board, parish members, and countless parent volunteers and supporters, it is truly easy to see how beautiful the Spirit is and flows on this campus. If I have never personally thanked you for all you do to support me, my family, and our campus, please let me say thank you now. I am very grateful and appreciative of each of you.
In His Love,