Navigating the Student Success Collaborative
Welcome to the March issue of the Connected Newsletter from the Division of Student Academic Success. This is a uniquely stressful time as COVID-19 has forced our campus to make difficult decisions to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community. This issue is dedicated to specific features of RaptorConnect that can help to manage workflows and support our collective teamwork.
In This Issue:
- Appointment Management and Virtual Meetings
- Text Messaging Communication
- Putting Coordinated Care to Work
- I've Been Assigned to Case, Now What?
- Withdraw Deadline and Progress Reporting Extension
- Spring 2020 Progress Report Updates
Strategic Care Scheduled Maintenance - Rescheduled
RaptorConnect is scheduled to undergo maintenance on Saturday, April 11th from 3PM EST to Sunday, April 12th 12PM EST. Please note that Navigate Student will not be operational during this time and students will be unable to access the student scheduler to make appointments.
- Utilize new 'URL/Phone Number' text box. EAB has added a dedicated section to the add/edit available meeting time in My Availability. Add your personal Webex information so students know exactly how to connect. Click here to open EAB's special release notes for this feature. Click here for Rutgers Webex instructions to create your personal Webex account.
- Use 'Special Instructions' to provide additional information. Students receive an appointment confirmation message when they make an appointment. Consider including links to websites, resources or suggest they use the Comments Box to ask questions ahead of their appointment. Special Instructions is an easy way to help students prepare for their virtual appointment!
Text Messaging Communication (Click Images to Zoom)
Texting More Than 100 Students Simultaneously
Texting Without a Dedicated Number, Less Than 100 Students
Texting With a Dedicated Number, Less Than 100 Students
Putting Coordinated Care to Work
A critical strategy to connect us
RaptorConnect was built collaboratively to serve as a campus-wide platform to link administrators, faculty and staff together in order to coordinate efforts, share information and support our students. As our campus continues to work remotely, users are strongly encouraged to utilize RaptorConnect's Coordinated Care Network to issue alerts and communicate across departments and divisions.
Withdraw Deadline and Progress Reporting Extended
In response to the changes prompted by COVID-19, the Deans have agreed to extend the withdrawal period for students wishing to withdraw from a single class until April 10, 2020. The deadline to withdraw from all classes has not changed (April 20, 2020). Therefore, Progress Reporting will be extended through April 3, 2020.
COVID-19 Related Issue has been added as an option for instructors to issue progress reports. Progress Report alert reasons:
- Covid-19 Related Issue - NEW!
- Cannot Pass with Remaining Coursework
- Clinical Concern (Nursing)
- Graduate Student Concern (Nursing)
- Missing Assignments/Homework
- Never Attended
- Poor Quiz/Test Grades
- Stopped Attending
Students will continue to be notified via email if they receive a progress report indicating concern. Students may access the details of their progress report(s) by logging into RaptorConnect, then clicking on the 'Reports' tab.
Spring 2020 Progress Report Update
New Categories, Tags and Note Reasons
New Category: Registration Hold (Student Life Requirement)
Students Remaining in Housing - New!
Students with approval to remain in housing are tagged as OHRL - Closure Approval.
FERPA on File
Updated on (3/20/20)
Applied for Graduation - May 2020
Updated on (2/13/20)
This new tag identifies students who have applied for graduation in May, 2020. Consider using this tag in Advanced Search or to Send Message.
COVID-19 Related Note Reason - NEW!
Consider adding a note to a student's profile regarding any issue or support provided related to Covid-19. Notes are a convenient and effective tool to share information with other staff members who may also be working with the student.
Student Achievement Note Reason
Student Achievement is available as a new Note reason and can be issued by any user. Sharing positive student information helps form a holistic picture of a student's experience.
Please use this form to request or change access to RaptorConnect. After your supervisor’s approval for access, new users must review and agree to follow FERPA guidelines for accessing student data.
Notes offer an additional mechanism to share information about a student, collaborate across departments, and create a record of information
Student Messaging Through the Platform
- Alert Notifications
- Recording Attendance
- Case Notifications
- Appointment Communications
"The Murky Middle Project"
The Murky Middle is the sizeable but often overlooked group of students who manage to complete their first year with a GPA between 2.0 and 3.0 but still stand a good chance of dropping out before completing their degree. The fate of the Murky Middle student is just that—murky. This population demands attention, but with limited resources, it isn’t possible to target the entire group.
As a member of EAB, Rutgers Camden Faculty & Staff are invited to utilize EAB's extensive library of higher education research and resources. To access EAB’s research and resources, you must Click here to create an account.