LVES News Welcome Back
August 2nd 2021
Our New School Theme: Learning Takes you on an Adventure. The Pony Way
The New Pony Creed
Welcome Mrs. Lindsey Ferguson, our new Dean of Instruction
- I am originally from Alabama and moved to Texas 12 years ago.
- My husband, Kyle, and I have a 10 year old daughter, Kennedy, who will be a 5th grader next year in the dual language program.
- We love watching and playing sports, being outside, and traveling.
- I am completing my 18th year in education.
- I completed my undergrad at Auburn University, and am a HUGE Auburn fan!
- I completed my Master’s degree in English as a Second Language at UAB.
- This next school year will be my final year in the doctoral program at DBU.
Meet the Teacher/ Orientation (Supply Drop off) Monday, August 9th, 2021
We want to invite you to come to Meet the Teacher/Parent Orientation on Monday, August 9th, 2021.
- Your teacher will also send you a webex link in case you want to join virtually.
During this time you will get to meet the teacher, drop supplies if you have already bought them, and listen to the orientation that will include:
- Teacher information
- Campus Mission and Vision
- Information about Restorative Practices and Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum
- Classroom/students expectations
- Daily Schedule
- Conference Times
- Grading Policy
- Attendance Expectations
- General Reminders
Monday, August 9th, 2021
- K - 2nd 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- 3rd - 5th: 5:30 to 6:30
We hope to see you here!
Student Supply List
1st Day of school
- Our 1st day of school will be Wednesday, August11th.
- We will open our doors at 7:15.
- For the 1st day of school, parents will be welcome to enter the building and walk the students to their classrooms.
- On the second day of school, students will walk directly to the classrooms by themselves. Don't worry; we will have plenty of staff on the hallways to direct them to where they need to go.
- School officially begins at 7:45; however, we want to strongly encourage you to drop off your child between 7:15 and 7:30 every day, so he/she can grab his/her breakfast, go straight to the classroom and be ready for learning at 7:45.
1st Day of School for Kindergarten
A couple of things to know about school procedures
- Please help us to ensure your Ponies are dressed in appropriate clothing for the weather.
- The classroom teacher can let you know when students have PE so you can send them with tennis shoes. Students are not allowed to wear sandals or dress shoes during PE classes for their safety.
- Please keep all hats at home, unless it is a hat day. This includes headwear/stocking caps/do-rags/etc.
- Jeans should not have holes.
- Sweatshirts with hoodies are ok as long as the students do not put the hood on inside the school.
- Students are expected to wear shorts and skirts of appropriate length that do not interfere with, disturb, or distract from school activities.
- Yoga Pants/leggings/jeggings and bare midriff are not allowed.
LVES Admin Team
Lindsey Ferguson Administrative Dean of Instruction
Melissa Jones K to 2nd Assistant Principal
Kristen Keogh 3rd to 5th Assistant Principal