Principal's Corner #24
February 8, 2019
As you know the 2nd Annual Cottonwood Spaghetti Night is scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 in the cafeteria. They will have two different sittings, one at 6:15 and the other at 7:15. Our job is to serve our families, and I would love to see as many of us participate that are able to do so. If you would like to participate, please email our PTO presidents at email@example.com.
I hope to see you there!
Did you know we used 240 reams of paper last month, and paper costs 2.70 per ream? That means we spent $648 on paper in one month...240 reams with 500 sheets each = 120,000 pieces of paper. So, please think before you print.
- All teachers will use sign-up genius for conference schedules.
- Once you have created your sign-up, paste your link in the google doc by end of day Monday, February 11th. COT Spring 2019 Conference Sign Up
- On Tuesday, February 12th, I will send an email letter and paper letter to our families. This will allow our families to receive the information at the same time and can better schedule their conferences. If you haven't already done so, please do not send your sign-up genius link prior to this date
- Please schedule your conferences during the time frames below.
Wednesday: We are being asked to not hold conferences on this day. Do not offer Wednesday conferences on your sign-up.
Thursday: 7:40-8:00 This is reserved for conferences.
Friday: Non-contact day for staff: If a teacher works a full 8 hours in addition to their workday for conferences during the week, they could use March 8th as a comp day.
Please remember to coordinate with our Special Education Team if you and/or a family wants them in attendance during conferences. In scheduling, be mindful of their contracted days at Cottonwood.
If you have any questions/concerns, please ask.
Certified Staff: Please complete this Google Form no later than THIS WEDNESDAY!
Sharing your story is OPTIONAL. I encourage you to share your stories with your teams, and then visit https://www.menti.com/8fbfca09 to share what Radford-9 themes/topics did you hear as you listened to your colleagues "why". These themes/topics will help guide our mission and vision work.
Upcoming Testing Windows
Access: January 14-February 15
CMAS: March 25-April 19
CCSD Common 5th Grade Assessment: March March 4-15
Other Important Dates
- Tuesday, February 12: Katie and Ashley out in the morning
- Wednesday, February 13: Katie out in the AM
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Please join us in the Cottonwood Creek Ristorante to help us serve a spaghetti meal to Cottonwood families! We will have two different sittings, one at 6:15 and the other at 7:15.
- Monday, February 18: No School, Presidents Day
- Tuesday, February 19: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, February 18-21: PLC Summit in Phoenix, Katie gone
- Friday, February 22: End of Data Collection
- Friday, February 22: Katie and Ashley out in the afternoon
- Tuesday, February 26: Battle of the Books Semi-Finals, Heritage ES 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, February 26: SpEd Collaboration Day
- Thursday, February 28: Jump Rope for Heart (during specials)
- Thursday, February 28: Katie out in the AM
- Friday, March 1: Ashley out in the AM
- Saturday, March 2: DI Tournament, Grandview HS
- Monday, March 4-Friday, March 8: Conference Week - More information to come.
- Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, March 11: Class Picture Day
- Monday, March 11: Battle of the Books Finals, Cottonwood, 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, March 12: Katie and Ashley out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: Katie out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: School Accountability Meeting, 6-7pm Innovation Space
- Thursday, March 14: Ashley out all day
- Thursday, March 14: 3rd Grade Program, 6:30PM
- Friday, March 15: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22: SPRING BREAK
- March 27: 1st-5th Grade Supply Lists due to Katie
- MARCH 29: SOCK HOP