By Hayley Dreifurst
- Chlamydia is the most commonly reported STD in the United States.
- Sexually active females 25 years old and younger need testing every year.
- Easy to cure, chlamydia can impact a woman’s ability to have children if left untreated.
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by a tiny bacterium, Chlamydia trachomatis.
Are there any symptoms?
Get yourself tested if you think you have been at risk of infection.
Some women may experience:
- change in vaginal discharge
- mild lower abdominal pain.