Hazelbrook Middle School Newsletter
January 20, 2022
January 24: Return to Hazelbrook for regular in-person classes
January 24: After School Activities (ASAs) resume as-scheduled
January 26: HMS McDonald's fundraising night (5pm–8pm)
January 26: Virtual Mental Health Night (details below)
February 3: End of Quarter 2
February 4: Staff work day (NO SCHOOL)
Due to the number of tests we have at school, we cannot offer Covid-19 testing to everyone in our Hazelbrook community at this time.
We will only test students at school for our Test To Stay program. These tests will only be given to students who meet all of the following requirements:
- The student was exposed to someone with Covid-19 at school
- The student is currently at school
- The student is unvaccinated
- A staff member has called the student's parent and offered the Test To Stay program
Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation with us during this time. Please visit the TTSD Covid-19 Info web page for more information about how to find tests here.
OHSU Covid-19 Screening Program
Students will resume picking up test kits on Fridays as usual when school resumes.
This is a voluntary program that requires registration.
If you are interested in signing up your student for the OHSU Screening Program, you will need to fill out the following forms and return them to the Hazelbrook main office:
- Testing Authorization Form
- Covid-19 General Consent Form
These forms and additional information can be found on the Hazelbrook website.
Thank you so much for your continued assistance with our Covid-19 safety protocols and understanding as we contact trace positive cases. We would not be able to keep Hazelbrook as safe as possible without your help.
We need your help and your best judgment to keep staff and students at Hazelbrook safe. That includes monitoring your student and your family for symptoms of Covid-19, as well as keeping your child home if they are sick.
Here are symptoms to be aware of:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Extreme fatigue
- Loss of taste or smell
- Stuffy/runny nose
- High blood sugar
Please remember to do the following:
- If your student feels sick in any way, please keep them home and notify Hazelbrook attendance.
- If you are waiting for Covid-19 test results, please keep your student home until you hear back.
- If your student tests positive for Covid-19, please notify Hazelbrook attendance.
- If you student has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 at home or at an outside activity, please notify Hazelbrook attendance.
You can find the news release from Oregon Health Authority about Covid-19 protocols in schools here.
View the January 14 community message from our superintendent here.
Here is how our McTeacher's Night will work:
- The school will receive 20% of ALL sales from the Drive-Thru, McDelivery, and Mobile Orders during the 3-hour time frame. There is no need to show the flyer to receive credit.
- You do not need to come to the McDonald’s restaurant to support your school. You can order through any of our McDelivery partners (Uber Eats, Doordash, Grubhub, or Postmates), and the school will still receive credit. All you have to do is choose that McDonald’s location to place your order between 5:00 pm-8:00 pm on January 26th.
Counseling & Registrar
Main Office Hours
7:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.