Nichibei 日米 Health Care Fellowship
Now Accepting Applications!!
Ideal candidates will have some clinical experience and are able to use their own clinical knowledge to draw comparisons between health care in the U.S. and Japan. Demonstration of solid leadership and organizational skills, proactiveness, and an ability to work independently as well as on a team are important. A willingness to promote the use of English during the program is essential, as is the ability to discuss complex issues in English.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Support EHC participant recruitment in Japan (as needed), including distributing flyers, posters, sending emails to potential participants, and talking to students in classes and clubs
- Attend planning meetings with VIA program directors
- Collaborate with VIA staff to organize participants' pre-departure orientation
- Work with team to ensure smooth facilitation of daily program activities, including organization visits, workshops, guest speakers, and facilitation of reflection sessions
- Attend program planning meetings and help with scheduling, etc.
- Present on an important contemporary medical issue or other topic related to health care in Japan or the U.S.