WHAT IS A INPUT DEVICE?
An input device is any hardware device that sends data to a computer, allowing you to interact with and control the computer. Tthe picture shows the logitech trackball mouse; an example of an input device.
The most commonly nused inpùt devices on a computer arre the keyboard and mouse. However, there are dozens of other devices that can also be used to input data into the computer. Below is a full listing of different computer input devices that can be used with a computer or computing devices.
- Audio conversion device
- Barcode reader
- Biometrics (e.g. fingerprint scanner)
- Business Card Reader
- Digital camera and Digital Camcorder
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Finger (with touchscreen or Windows Touch)
- Gamepad, Joystick, Paddle, Steering wheel, and Microsoft Kinect
- Graphics tablet
- Light gun and light pen scanner