The Eagle's Nest
Week of October 12
Happy Sunday Families!
We are so happy to have our Kindergarten and first grade students back at school four days a week! Our National Night Out Parade was a success with first responders driving by and waving to our students. They were excited to see the lights and hear the sirens.
As we transition back to four day weeks, it's even more important to value being on time and arrive before 8am. In addition, students' dismissal is at 2:55; please be on time for this.
We are beginning a new program called Men of Distinction. Pastor Sheats of Unity in the Community Outreach will begin working with some of our young men beginning this week. He presented his mentoring program to the students and looks forward to them signing up. This group will spend time serving in the community and learning valuable life skills. The link to sign up will be posted in the students' Teams.
Recycling has begun at Clyde Erwin! We are happy to have our students leading this effort and look forward to helping the community.
Our first parent meeting of the year was held this past Wednesday. We look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom at our next one, Wednesday, Nov. 4. You may choose from 11am or 5pm.
We have three important reminders for you this week:
1. Health Screenings are due by October 30th for Kindergarten students and those who have transferred to Clyde Erwin from out of state. Students who have not returned these forms will not be allowed to come to school on November 2nd. Students can return the day the health screening is returned.
2. We'll have a Lantern Parade to end of our month long celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month on Tuesday and Thursday of this week.
3. Students who are not logging onto the computer on their remote days and not completing work for their teachers will be marked absent.
Online School Payments
We are asking that all student fees be paid online. Payments are quick, simple and there is no convenience fee or surcharge.
Parents who use School Cash Online have the ability to:
- Keep track of their child's school items and activity fees.
- Stay connected by receiving email notifications of new fees.
- Check their account history.
- View and print receipts.
- Pay for school fees any time, anywhere, with a simple click.
- Easily link and access all students in a household.
- Make payments using Visa or Mastercard.
Visit https://onslow.schoolcashonline.com/ to pay your students fees.
If you are unable to pay student fees, please request a waiver from your child’s teacher.
All students K-5 will pay $31.00 for school fees, including the $25.00 device fee.
Important October Dates
Oct 12: Zumba in the MPR for DLI students
Oct 13: Lantern Parade Cohort A
Oct 15: Lantern Parade Cohort B
Oct 15: End of the grading period
Oct 22: Report Cards go home (Cohort B)
Oct 26: Report Cards go home (Cohort A)
Oct 26-Oct 30: Red Ribbon Week