This Week at Windsor 9.11.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
We hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend and a good week of remote learning. I'd like to extend a thank you to our students for continuing to persevere as learners while working in front of a screen for an extended time frame. We know it is a challenge and hope you are taking advantage of the breaks that your teachers are giving you throughout the day. Parents, thank you also for all of the ways you have been creative and resourceful to ensure that your child is able to learn to the best of their ability while we are in this challenging time. We appreciate your partnership and are thankful for your support!
- If your child will be absent from school, please remember to call the absence line or submit an online form. If your child attends school in-person, please state the reason for the absence.
- If you are experiencing technical issues please refer to the troubleshooting document below first; you can also email your child's teacher or call the front office and we will help you troubleshoot. If it is something that we cannot help you with we will contact our tech facilitator to provide additional support.
-LMC- we still have over 200 books checked out from last Spring, if you have any Windsor LMC books in your home we will have a cart out in front of our main entrance again next week for you to drop off those books.
-Please see the letter from Windsor's Social Workers below.
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend!
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
Tuesday, September 15th
Windsor Virtual Curriculum Night
6:30-7:00 pm -- Intermediate/Rabinowitz/Blau/Angelus
7:00-7:30 pm- Specials Teachers /Resource Teachers/EL Teachers (attendance is optional)
7:30--8:00 pm- Primary/Higgins/Keough/Palmer/Stodola
*Please see Curriculum Night.pdf below for zoom links.
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.
Mrs. Stella's Station
2020-2021 Volunteer Opportunities
This year may look a little different but the PTA is looking for a few volunteers to help run a limited amount of programs this year. Please review the list of volunteer opportunities and indicate any programs/areas you would like to be involved in or learn more about. You will be connected with the appropriate Committee Chair or Windsor Staff member in the near future for more details on how you can help. Click below for more information. We can't do many of these programs out without your help! Please respond before September 15 so we are able to get programs started.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there.
September 23 - 7PM (virtual) - we will vote on the audit and budget
October 21 - 7PM (virtual)
The proposed budget that will be voted on in the 1st meeting of the year can be found here: