December 11, 2017
Shout Out To:
Brown for Code week.
Cycle 3 Information
- PBIS Re-engagement
- Conferring (K-2)
- Complex Text (3-5)
Cycle 3 Theory of Action
If our K-2 classrooms have strong data aligned conferring during Readers Workshop then students will develop the necessary reading behaviors that allow them to read on grade level.
If our 3rd through 5th grade students engage with grade level complex text then they will develop the reading skills to read on grade level and master grade level standards.
- Christi Roscigno the Elementary Literacy coordinator will be onsite Monday, December 11th to observe Interactive Read Alouds. Please note the schedule below. Thank you in advance for your flexibility.
- There will be no Music the month of December. Music will resume when we return from Winter Break
- SRI should be administered to all 3rd-5th graders by the end of this week. Please refer to SAM for your specific date.
- For student safety, do not leave students unsupervised in your classroom. It only takes a second for something to happen.
- For student safety, please report to yard duty on time. Students are being released when the bell rings and it is important that supervision is available at that time.
- All requests for personal days must be submitted in writing either via email or a B Form at least 3 days advance of any days taken. Please note that personal days taken without prior approval will not be approved.
Updated Prep/Enrichment Schedule
Week at a Glance
- Morning Message 8:30 to 8:40
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Staff Meeting 3 to 4
- Minimum Day
- Howard Professional Learning/Collaboration 1:45 to 4
- Baker Nash Cal Shakes Performance
- Farmers Market 2 to 5
- Friday Flashback 2:35 to 2:45