April 9, 2021
Daily In-Person Learning - First Week In The Books!
Reminder To In-Person Learners - Fully Charge and Bring Chromebooks To School Daily
It is also critical that Chromebooks are charged every night and come to school fully charged with the charging cable included in the Chromebook bag.
Tentative Information - School Picture Day
Looking Ahead - State Testing for Grades 3-5
- Students who are in-person learners will complete their CRT during their time on campus.
- Students who are distance learners are not able to complete the CRT at home; families of distance learners will receive additional information about the CRT next week, including scheduling information for coming on campus to work on the CRT.
Tentative Information - School Yearbook
LWJES April SOT Meeting
Parents and guardians are welcome and invited to attend the meetings of the SOT.
To join the meeting via Google Meet, click on this link at the time of the meeting: meet.google.com/tgc-hyvf-qdo
In-Person Learners Reminder - Check Your Child's Health Before School Daily
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, communication will be provided from the school.
Reminder: Expect Arrival and Dismissal Delays for In-Person Learners
Plan ahead for busy traffic conditions and possible delays! It takes everyone doing their part to make the day successful.
- Masks are required for everyone on CCSD property, including buildings, parking lots, sidewalks, and playground areas.
- The main (Battista Lane) parking lot is closed from 8:40 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 3:10 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. If you park in this lot, please remain parked until the blue gates have been opened after buses leave.
- U-turns are illegal in active school zones.
- Do not park in red zones or in front of fire hydrants.
- Show courtesy.
- Do not block residential driveways or double park.
- Be prepared to park a distance from campus access points.
Morning Arrival Reminders
- Most students will enter through the front door of the school.
- Families may choose to park in a legal parking spot and walk students to the front door.
- Families may choose to use the Eldorado driveway as a "Drop and Go" lane. Please pull forward in the driveway and then stop to allow your child to exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. Students will then walk to the front door.
- Use distancing cues (blue tape) on the sidewalk from the front door to the main parking lot if a line forms.
- Parents/Guardians are not to enter the building with students. Please part at the front door.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- Students being picked up will be picked up from the main playground.
- The gate near the basketball courts on Mardon Avenue will open once classes are prepared in their dismissal locations.
- Parents/Guardians are to proceed through the 4-square courts to their child's class location and then back to the gate. Always keep to your right to assist with maximum distancing.
- Do not linger on campus; please depart immediately.
- Do not access playground equipment or water fountains.
- Gate closes and is locked by 3:30 p.m.
- Be prepared to park a distance from the gate.
- LWJES suggests only one parent/guardian enter campus to pick up students to allow for maximum distancing between families.
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.