3L Weekly News
Week Ending: April 16, 2014
This Week In....
Reading: we continued to work on identifying main idea and details using our guided reading books. Additionally, we worked on responding to our reading!
Math: we worked with positive and negative integers and began Unit 8 by working with fractions.
Cursive: we learned how to tow letters!
Science: we began learning about the Solar System! 6th graders came to our class and taught us about what they know about the Solar System in order to prepare us for our learning!
- It is vital that every student is studying/reviewing multiplication facts each night. Please continue to encourage your child to study!!
- If you have any box tops, 3L would be happy to submit them with our class collection! We could win a party for the most Box Tops collected!!
- If students forget their Journeys Textbook, it can be accessed through think central.com. Students have logins and passwords in the front of their Agendas. EDM Home Links can be accessed through everydaymathonline.com. The login information is also in the front of your child's Agenda book. My eBoard has additional information on logging in under the Language Arts and Math tabs.
Important Dates for 3L:
Happy Birthday to:
- Michael, Robert, Isabel, Tommy, and Vincent!
- Please check our eBoard and contact me if your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday in school.
Poet of the Week:
Vincent Friday, April 25th
- Poems must be submitted for teacher approval before a student presents!!
Star of the Week:
- Evelyn: Monday, April 28, 2014
- Kim Reilly Thursday, April 24, 2014 @ 8:45
*Click the link below to my eBoard for additional details!
April 21 Snow Make Up Day
April 23 EB Lewis Visit (Author's/Illustrator's Visit)
April 24 Take Your Child to work Day (form attached)
April 25 Community Meeting @ 11:00 Begin with the End in Mind
Specials Next Week:
Monday is a Day 5: (Make Up Day)
Tuesday is a Day 1:
- Gym and Spanish
- Author's Visit
Wednesday is a Day 2:
- Gym and Music
Thursday is a Day 3:
Friday is a Day 4: