SHS and Norco Dual Enrollment
Find out more information and How to Apply
Dual Enrollment for Spring 2024
You will not receive a registration date or have transcripts evaluated without this form completed. It is now required as part of the Dual process.
Important Dates Including Add & Drop Dates Fall 2023
Classes Start: 8/21
Classes End: 12/16
Last day to add 9/4
Last day to drop no “W” 9/4
Last day to drop with “W” 11/10
Have questions? Need Help? Join the Zoom
Step 1: Let's Learn about Dual Enrollment!
Benefit Highlights include:
- Earn college credit while earning a high school diploma
- No cost for tuition, fees or books
- Save time and money
- Earn weighted GPA points to your high school transcript
- GUI 47 or 48 is required for all students taking Dual Enrollment courses
- ENG 1A = Second semester of Junior year with a cum GPA of a 3.0 or Senior with a cummlative GPA of 2.6
- **Reminder Eng 1A no longer meets High School Graduation Requirements.
Freshmen can participate in Dual Enrollment their Spring semester in GUI 47.
What is GUI-47: Introduction to Career Exploration?
Step 3: APPLY - Step by step application instructions
Step 4: Student Interest Form **Must be completed**
All Dual Enrollment Students MUST complete this form in order to receive a registration date.
Fall Dual Enrollment Form:
Step 5: REGISTER
- Here is a step-by-step guide to registering: t.ly/U5vpe
- Here is a helpful video: https://youtu.be/i5fIB4Gqaec
- Please use WebAdvisor or MyPortal to check your registration date (the sooner your paperwork is turned in, the sooner your registration date will be).
- You will need the email "Welcome to Norco College" in order to log in. Students typically receive this a few days after they complete their application.
- Please be patient. During this time, it may take a week or 2 for Norco College to process the Dual Enrollment paperwork
Canvas Online Learning Instructions
Canvas online learning
For sections offered online only, you will need to log in to Canvas to ensure you
successfully pass your college class.
Here are some tips:
- Log in with your RCCD student email address, your password will be newstudent (all lowercase, no space); click here to learn how to change your password after initially logging in.
- If you do not see any course information posted, do not worry, your course information will most likely show closer to the start of the term.
- If you do not know the RCCD student email address assigned to you, search for your “Welcome to Norco College” email sent to your personal email account from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have changed your password in the past and need help resetting your password, please contact Canvas support.
What is the Difference Between Dual Enrollment and Concurrent Enrollment?
Need additional assistance?
You may contact DualEnrollment@norcocollege.edu
When contacting Dual Enrollment please include:
- Your Full name (First & Last name)
- Your RCCD (Norco College) Student ID# or Date of Birth
- Include a message describing what you need help with (include a screenshot/image) to better assist you.
Check out our linktree: https://linktr.ee/ntheune
You may also contact:
Kasey Boyer: email@example.com
Malcohm Heron: Assistant Principal, Santiago- Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Nate Theune: Counselor, Santiago- Dual Enrollment Counselor