RHHS Wildcats News You Can Use
#WEARERH 2/19/2021 #WEARERH
News and Notes from the Principal
As it relates to attendance and expectations regarding the check out process, please exercise the following should your child need to leave early! The process is as follows: send in a note, student drops it by attendance office in the morning, be sure to include a good contact number for verification, student will be given a class dismissal note, and sign themselves out
Health & Safety Reminders:
- If your child is unable to attend school due to COVID-related symptoms or an exposure to someone with COVID,please be sure to contact the school to speak with the nurse: (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) - All attendance related notes should be submitted to Ms. Carolyn Oetjen via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If your student is not feeling well, please do NOT send them to school. With concurrent learning they have the opportunity to take advantage of the curriculum even when not present - they can log into their google meets.
- Face Coverings are to be worn at ALL times while on campus, when lunch is not being consumed.
- Congregation before/after school is strongly discouraged. If we want to maintain in-person schooling it is important that we ALL work together to make this happen.
- eLearners are expected to follow the same schedule and meet the same expectations regarding timely arrival, interactions, assignment completion, etc. as their in-person counterparts.
- 3/3 Half Day for Students
- 3/19 Student and Staff Holiday
- 3/27 Prom
Wildcat News - 2/19/2021
PROM INFORMATION - SATURDAY, MARCH 27 2021
AP Spring Exam Registration
ceremony/breakfast on Tuesday, March 23. Current plans are to allow each new member to have one guest /parent at the live ceremony, being held in the East Cafeteria during the first block (7:30 - 9:00 am). We also plan to live stream the ceremony. Members will be receiving their induction certificates and an invitation to the ceremony by March 1. Any questions may be directed to Gregory Campbell at email@example.com
Please join us on Tuesday, February 23rd from 6:00-7:30 for our Financial Aid Workshop. We will have Mrs. Carol Lott from the GA Student Finance Commission here to walk you step-by-step through the FAFSA. Please bring your student, their Chromebook or registered device, your 2019 income tax returns, and W-2 Forms! You will need these items as Ms. Lott works with you to complete the FAFSA. It is critical that your child attends, in order to set up an FSA ID. This is the first step in completing the FAFSA. It is also important that they bring their registered devices in order to work from our Wi-Fi.
We look forward to seeing you!
ASVAB March 10
Whether you’re planning on college, a technical school, the military, or you’re just not sure yet, the ASVAB Career Exploration Program can put you on the right path toward a satisfying career. Understanding your skills and interests will help you make the best decisions about your future.
The ASVAB is a career exploration 'battery', or series of tests, that assists students in clarifying career goals.
- It is a cost-free and comprehensive program for high school students.
- Students explore occupations in line with interests and skills, and develop strategies to realize career goals.
- The Program presents a full-spectrum of career opportunities to students.
- Career planning tool regardless of post-secondary intentions.
The ASVAB will be offered at RHHS, March 10th…please sign up before March 8th!!!
Be sure to come prepared and on-time to do your best!
Questions about ASVAB Testing?
Please see Ms. Bunyan, Rm 516
Virtual Vape Series
BigFuture College Board Fair
College Board is hosting their first-ever series of virtual college fairs called BigFuture™ Days. Sophomores and Juniors can sign up for a chance to connect directly with college admissions representatives and current college students. They'll have a chance to explore colleges in a way that's not overwhelming, ask questions about topics they want to learn about, and take action on key college planning steps.
Register at cb.org/bigfuturedays.
(RHHS should join the February 23rd session)
Athletic Ticketing - Go Fan
"Click Here"to see our upcoming Athletic Events for the week, and purchase tickets. Richmond Hill High School and Richmond Hill Athletics are excited to announce the use of Go Fan for our sporting events. Go Fan allows all event spectators to purchase tickets prior to events, or at the gate through your mobile device, avoid long lines, and limit person to person contact.
All students parking on campus, including dual enrolled students must have a parking permit.
"Click Here" to access the student parking permit information and application for 20-21SY.
Regular Sale Permits: $65.00; Spring Semester Only Permits: $32.50
Qualifications to Purchase a Parking Permit during the Regular time periods:
- Not on Obligations List
- Passing or passed at least 75% of classes
*Students with more than 6 absences and/or tardies (for second semester 19-20) will be able to purchase a parking permit with a signed attendance contract. The attendance contracts will be made available to those students who must have this in order to purchase a parking permit.
*Students who do not meet the Academic expectations will be able to purchase parking permits beginning the second nine weeks. All of the above qualifications must continue to be met in order to apply at the second nine weeks and purchase a parking permit for $65.00. Spring Parking Permits only are available for $32.50.
Military and Family Life
RHHS Essential Information
7:30am-2:30pm/Buildings open at 7am
Certificates of Enrollment
Car-rider/parent drop-off information
Bus rider information-
Bus Routes - (Make sure to check back as updates to routes may occur)
School nutrition information-
(Meals are free to ALL students for 20-21 SY)
- MySchoolBucks - Online Payment Portal
- eLearner Meal Information
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - English
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - Spanish
Questions regarding remaining lunch balances should be directed to Carole Knight (School Nutrition Director) firstname.lastname@example.org/912-459-5121
If you should need to discuss health information at length, please call to schedule a meeting. All clinic forms are available on the high school website. Inhalers and epi pens that are carried by the student must have forms completed by their physician.
Clinic forms - "Click Here"