News from the Nest
October 16, 2020
The Week Ahead
TONIGHT: Friday 10/16
-- Deadline for Directory Submission/Inclusion
CHARACTER COUNTS WEEK
Monday 10/19 (Day 1)
-- Wear PURPLE for Citizenship
Tuesday 10/20 (Day 2)
-- Wear GREEN for Responsibility
Wednesday 10/21 (Day 3)
-- Wear GOLD for Respect
-- Spread Kindness- Bullying Prevention Virtual Assembly (sponsored by HSA)
Thursday 10/22 (Day 4)
-- Wear Blue for Honesty
Friday 10/23 (Day 1)
-- Wear Red for Caring
-- Hat Day!
Vernfield Printed Directory - Deadline 10/16
This year we are asking that everyone participating enter your contact information, whether or not it has changed from last year.
Please complete this form (Vernfield Elementary School Directory 2020-2021) by FRIDAY, October 16, 2020. Only one form per family is required. You may provide as much or as little information as you wish. If you choose not to publish your information, please check the "No, do not include our family information in the directory". If you are not participating in the directory, you only need to answer that first question.
If you are unable to complete the form online, a paper copy can be obtained by contacting the Vernfield main office at 215-721-0606.
Families should please respect the privacy of those listed in the Directory; the intent is private use by families and should not be used for any business purpose. Vernfield Elementary School and the HSA are not responsible for any misuse of this directory. For those families who opt to not be listed in the directory list, HSA information will still be sent home via email newsletters and teacher distribution.
For those students attending SAOA, distribution days will be set up where you can receive the directory.
Yearbook Pictures Needed! - Character Counts
Please help fill our yearbook pages by taking pictures of your kids dressed for Character Counts and uploading them ( https://images.schoolannualonline.com/415493942) or emailing them to the yearbook (email@example.com).
**Please be sure to include your child's name and teacher with the photos**
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Please choose only the BEST of a series of photos to send because space is limited on the yearbook website!!
Thank you! ~The Yearbook Team
Join our pumpkin patch display at Vernfield! Families may decorate, carve, or paint a pumpkin to display on the front property of our school. Please remember that pumpkins are to be decorated appropriately for elementary school student
Where should pumpkins be placed?
- On the black granite sitting wall along the front of the school
- Any mulched beds
- In the mulched bed in front of the Vernfield Elementary School sign on the front of the building
- In the mulched bed around the Vernfield Elementary sign located at the main entrance on Long Mill Road
- At the foot of any trees along the driveway
- Along the curbing
- Along the bus loop
- Along the kindergarten drop-off and pick-up line
When can pumpkins be dropped off?
- Sunday, October 25th, 8:00AM - 6:00PM
- Monday, October 26th, any time between 9:00 to 11:00AM and 1:00 to 3:00PM
When should pumpkins be picked up?
- Friday, October 30th, any time between 9:00 to 11:00AM and 1:00 to 3:00PM
- Any pumpkins left at Vernfield after 3:00 on Friday, October 30th will be disposed of
KidStuff Book Sale
Hello Vernfield Families,
For those who have been part of our Vernfield family in the past, you may recall that the beginning of the school year ordinarily signifies the start of the KidStuff fundraiser with a book sent home with the oldest child. Due to the circumstances this year, we have decided to conduct the Fundraiser ONLINE ONLY this year. We’re hoping that this make it much simpler for our families and the books will ship directly from KidStuff to you or your friends and relatives. You can provide your seller link all year long! Follow these easy steps to get started today:
- Visit https://www.supportourgroups.com/GN/267062
- Select “Register as a Seller”
- Fill out your personal information
- You’ll be provided with your unique seller URL
- Copy and paste this URL into your email, FB, etc. and share it with the same family and friends you had previously shared the fundraiser with (or new ones from around the country since there are books for many states and areas).
- After clicking on your personal seller link, the buyer just needs to pick which area book they’d like to purchase, choose “Add to Cart”, “Proceed to Checkout” (or continue shopping if they want books for multiple areas), and fill in their shipping address and credit card information.
- The book will ship directly to the buyer!
I know most of us aren’t venturing out as much these days but you are able to use many of the coupons online and there is a mobile app available as well. You can flip through the pages of the books to see what coupons are available if you click on the book icon.
Although the link is active all year, we’re asking families to create their seller links and share them now. We want to wrap up our sale by October 30th.
If you have any questions, please contact Betsy Powlus at 215-513-1084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vernfield Home and School Association
In Case You Missed It
STUDENT DEVICE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
Before submitting a support request, please follow the three (3) steps below:
- Restart your device (power off and power back on).
- Check that your device is not in airplane mode.
- Check that the wireless connection is enabled.
Please see the Instructional Technology Learning Hub for more details and support topics.
Save the Date!
**Week of 10/26**
-- Spirit's Vernfield Safety Week
-- Decorated Pumpkin Drop Off, 8:00 am-6:00 pm.
-- Decorated Pumpkin Drop Off, 9:00-11:00 am, 1:00-3:00 pm.
-- Parent/Teacher Conference Forms sent home with In-Person Students
-- SAOA (Grades K-2) Red Bag Exchange 9:30AM-11:00AM
-- SAOA (Grades 3-5) Red Bag Exchange 9:30AM-11:00AM
-- Decorated Pumpkin Pick Up, 9:00-11:00 am, 1:00-3:00 pm.
--Teacher led Fall Fun Activity
-- KidStuff Book order deadline
**Week of 11/2**
Tuesday 11/3 -- NO SCHOOL - Election Day
SACE FALL EVENING CLASSES
Souderton Area Community Education is offering in-person and virtual evening class options for Fall 2020. There's something for everyone including languages, finance, sports, crafts, and more! Beginning September 21. All classes in Souderton Area schools will follow the District's Health and Safety Guidelines, including wearing face masks and social distancing. Registration is now open! BROCHURE | REGISTER
Easy Ways to Help Fundraise!
Please consider helping to raise funds for Home & School using the following:
- Amazon Smile: earn money for VF while shopping on Amazon! Go to smile.amazon.com/about for instructions.
- Box Tops Bonus App: Download the Box Tops Bonus App for your phone or tablet! Find offers, buy products, scan your receipt and earn even MORE box tops for Vernfield!
- Box Tops for Education: clip the 'Box Tops for Education' from participating boxes and labels! Please HOLD ON TO THESE at home until we begin collecting them at school. We will NOT be collecting physical Box Tops at this time.
- ShopRite for My School: earn Box Tops for VF while shopping at ShopRite! Register your PricePlus club card at: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card.
- Coca Cola Give: Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then just scan your product or enter your product code and watch the funds grow
- Giant A+ Rewards: ***Unfortunately, the Giant Rewards program has been discontinued.***