A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of February 18, 2019
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Book Fair Open ALL WEEK
- Region 12 Math Coaching With Mr. A on Monday, February 18
- Spring Break Academy Gift Card Presentation in cafeteria on Monday, February 18 at 9:00 am
- Seas the Night on Tuesday, February 19 at 5:30-7:30 pm
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, February 20~Grassroots Family Engagement Training
- District Science Checkpoint (Gr 3-5) on Thursday, February 21
- Reading PLC on Thursday, February 21
- Grassroots Parent Engagement Interesting Meeting on Thursday, February 21 at 4:00-4:45 pm.
- House Parties on Friday, February 22
- Region 12 Science Planning on Friday, February 22
- Jordan's Birthday Party on Friday, February 22 at 4:00 pm
- TELPAS Writing Collection #2 Due Friday, February 22
- Sweet Drinks Trolley on Friday, February 22
- Spring Break Academy Planning on Saturday, February 23 **Bring laptop and 1-hour lesson plan to share**
Coming Up: Dr. Seuss/House Buddy Day on March 1
SEAS The Night Plans
You can take a look at the plans HERE.
**If your class is at specials during your House Party, the specials teacher that was supervising will come to the House Party instead.
Schedule for House Parties (meeting in the cafeteria)
From Your Captain
At this time, any students who have not made progress towards reaching their target level for the SLO goal, should have a plan in place to help that student. This shows that you are using data-based instruction to help students. You should have a document that you are monitoring student growth such as the student growth tracker. At this point, you will want to have several data points to show student growth. You will need this information when meeting with your TTESS appraiser.
This Week's School Agreement: We will keep our school safe by keeping our hands and feet to ourselves.
Click HERE for the February Morning Meeting plans. Keep celebrating those successes...small or big...with your Celebration Center!
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations Ms. Bearden for being our Teacher of the Week for using technology to help keep parents up to date on what is going on in her classroom and for encouraging reading through the Pizza Hut reading challenge.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Making Thinking Visible
I Used to Think was one of the Visible Thinking strategies we explored at PLC. Here are the directions for getting this visible thinking routine started in your room. We would love to hear how it goes! You can learn more at THIS website.
Dr. Seuss Day
This will be a HOUSE BUDDY Day so please get with your house about plans. Email Mrs. Helton ASAP if you need any materials. There are lots of great things you can use in the Makerspace-you just have to ask.