Newsletter for Oct. 14, 2019- Oct. 27, 2019
Welcome to Our North Notes Newsletter!!
Here's a few pictures of our last two weeks.
A Note from the Principal
I'd like to thank you for your continued support as we journey through the year. We are so happy that you have chosen us for your child's education. We believe that educating children is a partnership between the school and the families we serve. We value your participation at our school events and also appreciate your input with ideas and suggestions as to how we can improve. We have a comment box in our front office and an anonymous customer service survey form on our North Elementary website, if you would like to give any feedback. We would also be happy to visit with you in person. Your child's success is our most important priority. Thank you for sharing your child with us each day.
Mrs. Bitters, Principal
Free/Reduced Lunch Applications Due This Week
It is very important to us that every child have a hot breakfast and lunch. Please update and/or apply using the online link below.
If you prefer a hard copy application, please call us at 817-367-1323, and we will send an application home in your child's folder.
Week of 10-14-19 and 10-21-19
- Mon. Oct. 14- Holiday
- Wed. Oct. 16- Pink Out for Breast Cancer and Jeans Day
- Mon. Oct. 21- Teaming & STEAMing Night, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Wed. Oct. 23- College Blitz and Jeans Day
- Mon. Oct. 28-Fri. Nov. 1- Red Ribbon Week (See below for special dress days)
- Mon. Oct. 28-Fri. Nov. 1- BOOK FAIR
- Tues. Oct. 29- PTO Fall Festival, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Fri. Nov. 1- 1st Nine Week Awards Parties
Teaming and STEAMing Night-Partnering with Parents- Monday, Oct. 21st- 5:30-7:30 pm
Students should not walk to school or be dropped off before 7:00 am. For safety reasons, we cannot have students outside on the campus before the school opens. Thank you for your cooperation.
Our next pep rally is this Thursday, Nov. 7th. On pep rally days, students are able to go a little crazy with their house outfit.
We are excited to sponsor this great theater opportunity for North students this year. They are still taking registrations.
Red Ribbon Week will be celebrated the week of Oct. 28th-Nov. 1st. See above for special dress days coming up.
Our Veterans Day Celebration will be Friday, Nov. 8th. Information will be sent home soon regarding this program.
College/Career Week is Nov. 18th-22nd. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know would love to spend a few minutes sharing about their career with our children.
Our 2nd Annual Cultural Day will be Dec. 4. Forms were sent home last week inviting families to participate. You may return these back to your child's teacher or email email@example.com if you would like to participate.
PTO Update- Requesting Donations and Volunteers for Fall Festival
We would still love to have more support and volunteers. Please reach out to a PTO Board Member if you are interested in helping.The PTO Board would love to meet you and include you in the discussion about the wonderful things that are planned for our students and staff this year. We would also love to have everyone join and participate in our PTO this year. Everyone can be a valued member and help make our school even better for our children.
Needs for this month include seeking donations and volunteers for the Fall Festival. See the link below if you would like to participate.
Important information for North Elementary Students, revised 8-5-19
WSISD Parent/Guardian/Visitor Policy
All parent/guardian/visitors to any WSISD school must have a valid picture ID to enter the building. The ID will be held in the front office until the visitor signs out of the building. All visitors must enter through the front office entrance.
Morning Arrival- Please help us with this.
In order to ensure that our morning drop-off lines are moving as quickly as possible. Please have your child prepared to exit the vehicle when arriving at the drop-off location by having their backpack ready, shoes on, etc.
Attendance, Tardies, and Early Dismissals
1. Morning attendance will be taken at 9:30 am this year. That is the time that students must be in the classroom to be counted present for the day. Students are tardy at 7:40 am.
2. For safety, as well as instructional purposes, any student arriving after the 7:40 am tardy bell rings will need to be walked into the front office and signed in by a parent or guardian. Please park in an available parking space to do this so the drive is not blocked.
3. Any student being checked out of school during the day will be documented in order to help us ensure that students are not being checked out early on a regular basis. Frequent early dismissals may result in the student losing attendance incentives on campus. Instruction occurs in our classrooms throughout the day until dismissal.
4. Late pick-ups are also documented in our Skyward system. If a child is going to be picked up early from school on any given day, it must be done BEFORE 2:45 pm, as the office becomes very busy after this time with our dismissal procedures on campus and students may be in transition.
The car and parent walk-up dismissal signs must be the original sign issued by the school. Photocopies are not allowed. Adults picking up children will be asked to go to the front office if a photocopy is presented at dismissal.
Breakfast and Lunch Visitors
1. Breakfast and lunch visitors will only be allowed to come and eat breakfast or lunch with a student if the parent or guardian has listed them on the list in our Skyward system.
2. For your child’s safety, we cannot allow relatives, friends, neighbors to bring food or eat lunch with any child unless you have specifically listed them as an approved contact.
3. All visitors must always have a valid picture ID to enter the building for any reason. Building entrance is only allowed at the front office entrance. The ID will stay with the front office until signing out of the building.
Parent involvement and communication is very important to us. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Morning Arrival & Afternoon Dismissal Traffic Flow Maps
Front Office Staff
Here's Your 2019-20 North Elementary Staff
Kristina Chavez- President
Alisha Soukaseume- Vice President
Brenda Tijerina- Secretary
Bridgette Escamilla- Treasurer
Andrea Obert- Volunteer Coordinator
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding PTO.
Kindergarten- 4th Grade
Doors Open: 7:00 am
Breakfast: 7:00-7:25 am
First Bell: 7:30 am
TARDY BELL: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
Skylert Messenger- New Emergency Alert System
We are collecting. You can help by sending these items to the front office.
Thank you for ensuring your child is here everyday.
Keep up the GREAT work!
1st Grade- 96.70
2nd Grade- 97.35
3rd Grade- 97.88
4th Grade- 97.33
We will have various prize drawings throughout the year for perfect attendance.