disadvantages and advantages
- Very orderly network where every device has access to the token and the opportunity to transmit
- Performs better than a bus topology under heavy network load
- Does not require a central node to manage the connectivity between the computers
- One malfunctioning workstation can create problems for the entire network. This can be solved by using a dual ring or a switch that closes off the break.
- Moving, adding and changing the devices can affect the network
- Communication delay is directly proportional to number of nodes in the network