By: Destiny Pemberton
- The scientific name for a vampire squid is Vampyrotheuthis Infernalis.
- Vampire squids have weak muscles and because of this people thought that they would swim really slow, but they can actually swim very rapidly in a short period of time using their fins.
- They also have the largest eye-to-body ratio of any animal in the world.
- Recently, it has been discovered that Vampire Squid eat "Marine snow".
- In other words they eat feces, other fish that are dead, and snot that sinks from above.
- Whenever they eat they open their tentacles and gather food into their mouths, which is in the center of their tentacles, and when they get enough they close their tentacles.