Daisy Troop 2209
September 2014 Update
Hi Troop 2209 Parents!
Highlights of this month's meeting:
- We played a get to know you game and learned a lot about each other
- Everyone divided into pairs and our returning Daisies taught our new Daisies the Girl Scout Promise and Law (see bottom of email)
- New Daisies were officially welcomed into our troop and received their member and World Trefoil pins
- Returning Daisies received their one year member pins
- The ideas each of our troop members brought in were put on a large poster and everyone voted on their top three choices. See below for the finalists!
Parents! Don't forget about happy hour this Thursday at the Green Lemon at 8pm. Our next meeting is Tuesday, October 21st, right after school. Our host is Cyndi Brillhart, Hope's mom.
-Leah Carden (813) 230-5515 and Susan Heine (323) 697-5496
NEW DAISIES: Iron on the Blue Center Patch:
- Ice skating (11 votes)
- Dog wash (seven votes)
- Learn about mermaids (seven votes)
- Sleepover (five votes)
- Camping (five votes)
We will revisit other ideas on the list that got a couple of votes as the year goes on. Tons of great ideas!
The Girl Scout Promise and Law
The Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.