The Teal Times
Cox Mill HS - Student Support Services (S3) - 2.3.21
Wellness Wednesday Topic: Personal Power & Stress
Did you view this week's SEL lesson on Personal Power? How are you utilizing your Personal Power to manage your decisions, timelines, deadlines and the stress that can result from the pressure of adulting? Which areas of your Personal Power are helping you to manage your stress -- say about registering for classes for next year, for example -- right now?
Four Areas of Personal Power
- Control - Your ability (and choice) to complete an action.
- Influence - Your ability to use persuasion to get what you need.
- Adaptability - Your choice about how you respond to things.
- Surrender - Your choice to give up.
No matter our circumstances, we always have a choice. When faced with a task, decision or dilemma, our Personal Power allows us to take action on our own behalf, to persuade others to help us, to choose how to react to what's happening to us, or to resign ourselves to do nothing and just let things happen. As we move closer and closer to becoming independent adults, we must use our Personal Power to help minimize and manage the inherent stress of making choices that impact us, our future and -- ultimately -- help us meet our goals.
Faculty Fun Fact: Molly McClure, Fine Arts Teacher
Student Art Gallery
The most important step of all is the first step. Just begin.
- Registration 2021 is totally virtual this year.
- Visit our Registration 2021 webpage to learn more & get started.
- Complete all six steps (see image below) to select your classes for 2021-22.
- The deadline for choosing your classes in PowerSchool is February 5.