Sea ice is a great vacation
By MIchael Sanders
Things to do
You can go scuba diving if you bring the right equipment, you will need a more advanced suit because of the cold temperatures in the water. You could also go fishing in little holes on the ice and catch some good fish.
You'll need to use towels that dry to prevent hypothermia and to get dry.
There are very interesting things at the bottom of the ocean and you'll need to photograph them.
You'll need a big winter coat in order to stay warm in the cold
All about the science
- There aren't many invasive species in the arctic because humans are the ones who come in and affect the climate and they may be bring in an invasive species.
- The ocean doesn't affect the organisms in my zone much at all because all of the organisms are well adapted to the cold weather and the ice so they survive.
- There is oil in this ocean zone and there is also fresh water reserves in the sea ice itself.
- Humans move into the arctic and scare away the animals which ultimately affects the habitat of the animals.
- One way to protect this ocean zone is to stay away from it because if we don't then the animals will soon leave.
Sea floor attractions
There are stingrays on the ocean floor, there are also fish down there that have antifreeze in their blood to keep them alive.