Advent is Here!!
With all of the craziness of the past weeks and months, it is so wonderful to have a time of calm, reflection, and preparation. This is the purpose of the season of Advent. Advent lasts from November 29th until December 24th. During this time, Catholics prepare to celebrate not only the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, but also His second coming. So often, we get caught up in the shopping, parties, and frantic pace of the holiday season. This year may be different in that regard, due to the pandemic, but it is still easy to get caught up in things that are superficial or even to get "down" because we are not able to be with loved ones. That is why it is even more important this year to immerse yourself in the season of Advent. Take time to really reflect on what is important. Spend some quiet time in reflection each day and just take a few moments to be thankful for what you have. Reach out to friends and family on the phone to share an experience and to check on those who may be home-bound. Donate to a food bank to help those in need. Write Christmas cards and send them to people who need some holiday cheer. Most important, spend some time talking God. Thank Him for the most amazing gift we have ever received: Jesus, the Lamb of God, sent to take away our sins. I want to wish all of you and your family a beautiful, safe, and reflective holiday season.
Please make sure to scroll through the entire newsletter, as there is a lot of important info. Also, I am attaching general schedules (see below) for each grade level to give you an idea of how the days are laid out for each class during remote learning.
- Fri, Dec. 4th - End of Trimester 1
- Tues, Dec. 8th - School Mass at 11 am (Kindergarten) - Bring Flowers for Feast of the Immaculate Conception Mass - All are welcome
- Thurs, Dec. 10th - Tuition Due (Unless on FACTS)
- Fri, Dec. 11th - Report Cards Mailed Home, Fulcrum Applications DUE (with docs uploaded)
- Sat, Dec. 12th - Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Tues, Dec. 15th - School Mass at 11 am (Kindergarten)
- Fri, Dec. 18th - Noon Dismissal
- Mon, Dec. 21st - Fri, Jan. 1st - No School
- Mon, Jan. 4th - Pre-K and K return in person and 1st - 8th grade return to remote instruction
- Mon, Jan. 18th - No School for Dr. MLK, Jr. Day
- Tues, Jan. 19th - Return to In Person Instruction/Hybrid for 1 - 8
Tuition Assistance Grants for 2021-22
- Click on the following link: https://online.factsmgt.com (either enter your acct or create a new one)
- All applications must be received AND verified (with all necessary tax and other documents uploaded and received by Fulcrum) by Dec. 11th.
- Tax returns or W2s are required to verify applications
- Please include all expenses because this helps to qualify you against your income
- Notifications will be made in late Feb or early March.
- The amount for each child who qualifies is $1300 for the school year
- The processing fee for the application is $29 and must be paid to complete the process
- Whether you think you will qualify or not, you MUST apply in order to request ANY financial assistance through the school for the 2021-22 school year.
- Don't miss the deadline!
- Please, please, please contact Ms. Nina with ANY questions. We are here to help!!
The Food Bank Needs You!
- Hot chocolate
- Pies (purchased from the store)
- Pancake mix and syrup
- Canned Yams
- Canned olives
- Salad dressings
- Cookie/cakes/brownie (boxed)
- Cake frostings
Just swing through the food bank line on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday from 9 am - 1 pm to drop them off directly or you can drop them off at our office Mon - Fri from 7:30 am - 3:30 pm and we will get them to the food bank. Please have all items in by Tuesday, Dec. 15th for Christmas distribution.