Of Mice And Men
By: Toby Garza
The Great Depression
- People went to the bank for money (bank runs). This caused banks to close.
- People lost their jobs and couldn't provide food for families. Would stand in bread lines for hours to receive bread.
- People blamed Hebert Hoover for the Depression. Called shanty's "Hoovervilles".
- After Hoover's term, FDR was elected president.
- FDR became a voice of hope for the U.S.
- Went to Stanford, but never graduated.
- Published a couple of short stories and novels.
- Wrote Tortilla Flat. Was a series of humorous stories.
- His books were about economic problems of rural labour