December 7, 2015
Week at a Glance
Monday, December 8
- PBIS Training in the group room
- Book rep here at 11:00 to discuss books for leveled library
- AABLE Meeting @ 3:45 in Library
Tuesday, December 8
Wednesday, December 9
- Art/PLC day
- Come and Go-Meet the Teacher for third grade at 5:30
Friday, December 11
- Spelling Bee @ 8:30 (2nd through 5th grade attends)
- Penguin Patch preview in the PTA room. Younger grades please sign up for morning times.
- End of three weeks-Progress reports to go home next Tuesday
Tibits of Info
- Thanks to Richard for organizing the Jazz Band that played for our school this week to get that holiday spirit started. Thanks also to Richard for getting the students prepared for the Richland Hills Tree Lighting. The students did an awesome job! In case you didn't know, Santa Claus came to town on Friday night.
- Thanks to the fourth grade team, Jacqui and Barbi for their time of learning with Norma. I believe we are all on the right track for getting our kids where they need to be in the writing process.
- Thanks to Lisa for organizing the El Chico Night to raise money for our fourth grade field trip. I know the entire fourth grade team was at El Chico as well as many other staff members to support our kids. I believe we raised another $260 towards the trip. The fourth grade teachers are hoping to get each child's trip down to around $60. Thanks to all of you for promoting this night!
- Jacqui and Maggie would like to meet with all teachers that have the AABLE kids "included" in your classroom during the school day briefly after school on Monday. We will meet in the library.
- If you are attending the PBIS training, we will meet Jamie Thomas in the activity room for the day. The activity room is in the middle hallway, right across from Sorgee's room.
- Thanks to everyone that has changed their schedule to accommodate our new third grade schedule to departmentalization. I know once you change one thing on a schedule it is a domino effect changing so many things that you don't even think about when you get started. I sent out what I believe to be the updated schedule on Friday. Please check it carefully to see if I have made any mistakes.
- If you use the science lab or if you use any materials from the lab it is your responsibility to clean up after yourself. Tammi does not have time to clean up after others. There were some materials that were left out in the lab for several weeks, so she finally put it away. If your grade level has been in the lab, it is the grade level's responsibility to go and check the lab to make sure everything is cleaned up.
- A friendly reminder about cell phones. I know that many of us use cell phones for instructional or behavioral management. Also, I know there are those times that you may be waiting on a phone call from a doctor, etc. I just want to remind everyone that we should be actively monitoring the kids, especially at recess. Please try to limit your cell phone use to emergencies or for instructional purposes. Hopefully we will all have a mini iPad soon and we can use the iPad instead of our phones.
- We ordered the mini iPads for classroom use in October. I think we should be getting them soon. Traci should have put micophones in your boxes to be used with Learning A-Z. Traci is checking on status of the iPads.
- Thanks for staying late for our staff meeting on Monday. If you missed the information about Ell learners or accommodations, please check in with Michelle Rollins.
- Our Art/PLC will be this Wednesday. Michelle Green will be meeting with each grade level about UPSC. Please come prepared to learn/share about UPSC. If you have something that works well with your students, I would like for you to come ready to share ideas. You will meet with Michelle in Jenny's room. Pam will be meeting with grade levels on reading. Pam will be in the PLC room. During your conference time, please meet with Michelle. During your Art time, please meet with Pam.
- Candiss really needs some help with the Penguin Patch. Please send out a plea to your parents to give some time helping next week.
- Please sign up to bring holiday snacks. Also, if you intend on coming to the holiday party next Thursday, please turn in your RSVP. Thanks to Jenny and DeeDra for heading up our social committee this year.
- Monday's Reindeer Games question: What is your favorite holiday cookie?
- If you paid your social dues, you may wear jeans for the next two weeks. The only t-shirts you are allowed to wear are either a hoiday or Richland Elementary shirt. If you choose not to wear one of those shirts, you may wear a nice top/shirt that looks semi professional.
- I heard some sneaky little elves have been making their way around the school. You can't be too careful these days. Santa has his helpers everywhere!
I have some days planned to add a little holiday fun and get us through to the break. You are free to encourage your kids to join in.
- Dec. 14-16: Penguin Patch open in PTA room
- Dec. 14-Wear holiday socks!
- Dec. 15-Progress Reports go home
- Dec. 15: Richland Choir Christmas Concert @ 6:00 PM
- Dec. 15: Wear your favorite holiday shirt
- Dec. 16: PTA provide luncheon for Christmas
- Dec. 16-Tacky Christmas Sweater day for staff
- Dec. 17: Sing Along-Early release at 12:30 PM
- Dec. 17: Wear your favorite holiday hat, antlers, etc.
- Dec. 17: Staff Christmas Party at Mama Mia's Italian Grill @ 6:30 PM
- Dec. 18: Holiday Parties-Early release at 12:30 PM
- Dec. 18-Holiday Break begins!
- Jan. 4-School Resumes
- Jan. 11-Bea Luchin visits our school
- Jan. 12-Kerri at ILT
- Jan. 14-Michelle at counselor's meeting
- Jan. 15-End of third six weeks
- Jan. 18-MLK Day
- Jan. 19-Art/PLC day-Norma will be back to answer questions after kids take the MOY
- Jan. 19-Kerri at Principal Meeting
- Jan. 20-LOL Meeting
- Jan. 21-Chad to AP ILT
- Jan. 22-5th grade to the Symphony
RES Staff Holiday Party
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 6:30pm
3124 East Belknap Street
Fort Worth, TX
The cost is free to staff members and it is $15 for your adult guest.
We will have an ornament exchange. If you would like to participate in the exchange please bring a wrapped ornament with a value between $5-$10.
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15