August 16, 17, 18, 2016
8:00 - 1:00 Parker Admin. Dee Strickland Conference Room
August 16 [Please note article to be read]
Session I: Teacher Supervision [8:00 - 10:30]
- APPR 3012-d Overview and Changes
- 2016-17 Evaluation Assignments (“Outside observers”)
- Shared Supervision for Teacher Growth
- Discuss "Identify the Best Evidence for School and Student Improvement" article by Rebecca Thessin. Please read this article prior to this session.
Session II: eDoctrina Implementation [10:30-1:00]
- Training on “Observe” with Brian Budnik from eDoctrina
August 17 and 18
(*please make note of preparation required for #2)
#1 (A) Principals - Reconfiguration - Meet with Ken and Dina
Review the reconfiguration work completed to date to ensure common understanding, and to agree on the work that remains to be done with a timetable for the completion.
This will include updates on: intermediate teaming, meeting with all new school staff to ascertain assignment interests, and preliminary plans for the April and June conference days.
#1 (B) Directors and Coordinators - eDoctrina
Directors: Work time on eDoctrina curriculum/assessment module, webinars
- SE/Student Services: Explore eDoctrina RTI tracking, PBIS resources
#2 DDI: Progress Monitoring Using Formative Assessment
Review 2015-16 Progress Monitoring strengths and needs
General trends based on Indicators of Success
*Each leader share a highlight of 2015-16 progress in progress monitoring - use this link to prepare for this.
Use of formative assessment in progress monitoring
*Discussion of How to Make Decisions with Different Kinds of Data. Please read the book - use this link for a reading guide
- Opportunities, challenges and next steps
#3 Apply a Danielson Lens to ICT Lesson Implementation
Identify and promote the implementation of ISTE standards and ICT skills within planning and instruction aligned with the Danielson Framework.
- Technology “tips and tools” to assist leaders in efficiency and effectiveness to support and enhance leadership.
#4 eDoctrina "Observe" Work Time
Further opportunity to learn how Observe platform works and to practice tagging evidence
Time for “nuts and bolts” work - e.g. assigning second observers
Work time to plan teacher supervision using planning tool
- Support for principals for turn-key training of teachers on August 31 (videos, webinars)