OLYMPIAN HIGH SCHOOL
Where Champions Are Made
Last week of school!
- 8:00 Calendar Meeting
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - Finals (Periods 1 & 2)
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - Finals (Periods 3 & 4)
- Faculty meeting by email
Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Finals (Periods 5 & 6)
- 6:30 p.m. VAPA Holiday Concert - MPR
Friday, December 19, 2014 - Minimum Day
WINTER DANCE SHOWCASE
Choir/Orchestra Holiday Concert
Cocoa and Cram 2014
Who knew he has extraordinary culinary talents??? He received a new cookbook! Looking forward to him trying out new recipes and sharing with staff
Ms. More, checking out the great scarf!
Ms. Morris will you share your ream of paper?
The scarf was popular...Ms. Kumar is deciding whether to take the scarf!
"Here I stand in, in the light of day... "Who knew Ms. Ruiz would select the "Frozen" gift!
What did Mr. Panzarini get????
Teddy, the future Olympian!
Kudos and Thanks
- Congratulations to the following teachers for their outstanding Winter Concerts: Jennifer Opdahl for Choir and Orchestra; Eric Mabrey for Band; Jesus Ceja for Mariachi and Vanessa Sholty Dance Showcase; . All the shows were well-attended and enthusiastically received!
- Special Congratulations to Eric Mabrey and Vanessa Sholty for the Marching Band and Color Guard participating in Chula Vista's Yuletide Parade .
- Thank you to Mrs. Rodriguez and Link Crew for helping our freshman for finals last week with the annual Cocoa and Cram tutoring.
- Thank you to all those who went to the Off-Campus Staff Party at Cafe Coyote's. Everyone ate well and the White Elephant Gift Exchange provided more levity. Thank you to the good humor of everyone who participated. A very special thank you to Sharon Segurson for making all the arrangements.
January 12 Professional Development Day: PLC Meetings
Professional Development Day PLC's, please refer to the complete list sent by Dr. Roman Del Rosario's E-mail and attachment:
- AP Eng. Lang./Comp: HTH Rm. 1225
- AP Eng. Lit./Comp.: ELH Rm. 306
- AP Calculus (AB & BC): CPH Rm. 403
- AP Statistics: ELH Rm. 504
- AP Biology: SUH Rm. 1308
- AP Chemistry: HTH Rm. 501
- AP Environmental Science: BVH Rm. 402
- AP Human Geography: MVH Rm. 411
- AP World History: SOH Rm. 207
- AP US Histroy: ORH Rm. 202
- AP US Government: ELH Rm. 805
- AP Spanish Lang. & Lit.: SYH Rm. 303
- AP Art History: CVH 1838
- AP Studio Art: CVH 604
- STEM/STEAM Symposium: SOH
- Attendance Coordinators/Techs/AP's: Dist. Office Board Rm. 2
- AVID Coordinators/Elective Teachers: MOH Rm. 602 & 604
- CIS Coordinators: Moss St. Parent Center
- ELD Teachers: L St. Special Services Conference Room
- Engineering/STEM: SOH
- Librarians: MVA Library
- RSP & SDC Teachers (Mild Moderate): OLH MultiPurpose Rm.
- Moderate/Moderate-Severe & Speech Therapist: PDC
- Nurse: MOM CRC
- PE Teachers: HTH Gym
- Select SEI Teachers (You would have received an invitation): SYH Library Determined
- VAPA Ballet Folklorico: CVH Rm. 1502
- VAPA Band: CVH Rm. 1901
- VAPA Dance: CVH Rm. 1202
- VAPA Digital Media: CVH Rm. 205
- VAPA Drama: CVH Little Theater
- VAPA Guitar: CVH Rm. 503
- VAPA Mariachi: CVH Rm. 1204
- VAPA Strings: CVH Rm. 1902
- VAPA Visual Arts: CVH Rm. 604
- VAPA Vocal: CVH Rm. 1904
- Web Masters: Dist. Office Grants & Communications
- French & Spanish Teachers (World Lang.): SYH Performing Arts Center
- CTE Arts, Media & Entertainment: ELH Rm. 505
- CTE Engineering & Architecture: SOH Rm. IA3A
- CTE Health Science & Med. Tech.: SUH Rm. 609
- Business & Finance: SYH Rm. 202
Please remember to sign-in at your meeting site if you will not be here at OHS. Again, if I can clarify anything for you, please E-mail, see me, or call. Thank you for your cooperation.
Before You Leave For Winter Break
- Unplug your computer and small appliances. Leave your refrigerator door open to let it air. Please take food home.
- Secure classroom valuables and your personal property in locked cabinets. If you cannot secure your personal property, take it home.
- A decluttered room is a safer room. The custodians will be cleaning classrooms. Please help them do their work better by putting away important papers or throwing out unnecessary ones.
Do The Right Thing Anyway...
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway."--Kent M. Keith, from The Paradoxical Commandments