Ms. Knight's Community 1 Family
Live, Laugh, Learn & Love First Grade
What We're Learning...
- Calendar/Integrated Math-Identifying tens and ones & making ten to add
- Shared Reading-Making predictions & connections
- Journal Writing-Sentence structure & nouns
- Guided Reading-short vowels & sight words
- Community Learning Centers-Water colors, exchanging money, geometric shapes, creating paper rockets, & an experiment
- Project Work-Types of turtles & habitats
7:50-8:00 Restroom Break
8:00-8:15 Morning Work
8:15-9:15 Morning Meeting/Calendar Activities/Integrated Math
9:15-10:15 Shared Reading
10:15-10:40 Recess/Restroom Break
10:40-10:45 Prepare for Lunch
11:15-11:30 Read Aloud
11:30-12:00 Journal Writing
12:30-12:45 Restroom Break
12:45-1:30 Guided Reading
1:30-2:15 Community Learning Centers
2:15-2:45 Project Work/Snack
Positive Learning Environment
In order to create a positive learning environment, the First Grade Community decided on some classroom expectations for all learners. All learners will work together as a team to achieve our learning goals with few interruptions.
- Being Responsible: I do the right thing and can be trusted to do what needs to be done. Are you being trustworthy or careless?
- Being Respectful: I treat others how I want to be treated. Are you being polite or rude?
- Being Helpful: My words and actions help not hurt others. Are your being helpful or hurtful?
- Being Careful: I treat friends and friends things in a gentle way. Are you being gentle or rough?
- Being Patient: I can wait calmly for someone or something. Are you being calm or restless?
- Recess: sidewalk chalk, kickballs, jump ropes, hula-hoops, bean bags, & large storage containers
- Cold Weather Items: tissues, paper towels, wet wipes, & lysol wipes
Your help in donating the supplies listed above is greatly appreciated. I would like to thank you in advance for your assistance.