Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
January 2-7, 2022
Let's start off this new year with a great week of learning in lessons and band! We will also have Jazz Band on Tuesday and Thursday morning as well as Panther Pep Band on Friday, from 3-4 pm.
Important Pep Band Information
Our PMMS "Panther Pep Band" will participate in the Epoch Sound Pep Band Night at the High School on Jan. 13. This is the roster of the students who are interested in going. If your child's name is highlighted it means we need a permission slip completed (I have hard copies at school). Also, if you haven't already done so, please send $5 with your child to school for pizza.
IF your child's name is not on the list and wants to join OR they are on the list and no longer want to participate please let me know ASAP!
Our next rehearsal is this Friday from 3-4 pm. Attendance at this rehearsal will be very important so we are prepared for next week's performance. If you child cannot attend please let Mr. Gleason know.
Be sure to look through the Jan 13 details below for full information about this event.
**Please note-transportation home from SPHS is the student's responsibility and the HS athletic department has requested that anyone wishing to stay for the game purchase a ticket at the door after we play.
6th and 7th Grade Solo Night Performance Schedule Now Ready
Performance times have now been set for our 6th and 7th Grade Solo Nights (click button below to find your child's time). ALL 6th and 7th grade students have been assigned a time including those planning to do the WSMA Festival on Feb 12.
- We highly recommend this experience for all students as it provides a wonderful opportunity to perform as a soloist and to receive feedback from another music educator. If, however, your child cannot attend the solo night please let us know so we take them off the schedule.
- 6th and 7th Grade Percussion students will only perform at the 6th grade solo night on Monday, Jan 24.
- If your child's performance time does not work, please let us know and we will do what we can to move or exchange performance times. If possible, please only request a time change if absolutely necessary. Thank you for your flexibility.
6th Grade Solo Night - Monday, Jan. 24 (5-7 PM)
7th Grade Solo Night - Tuesday, Jan 25 (5-7 PM)
EVENT SCHEDULE EXAMPLE:
5:20 pm- Arrive
5:25 pm - Warm-up & photo taken
5:40 pm - Performance
5:45 pm - Fill out reflection
5:55 pm - Depart
January 13 Epoch Sound Pep Band Night Details
Jan 13 - Epoch Sound Night Tentative Schedule
2:50 pm – Rehearsal and Activities at PM
4:30 PM – Pizza in the Cafeteria
5:05 PM – Load Bus going to the HS (one way…must find a ride home after the performance).
5:45 PM - MS musicians meet in the band room of the High School to rehearse with Epoch Sound. *Students who are unable to attend right after school may also meet us at the high school by 5:45 PM. These students are responsible for their own transportation to the high school!
6:30 PM – Set-up in the Field House at SPHS
6:45 PM – Pregame music will begin.
7:15 PM – Approximate End Time - MS students will be dismissed after the performance.
*Students may stay for the remainder of the game; however they must purchase a ticket from SPHS Athletics and will not be supervised by Mr. Gleason or Mrs. Haraldson. (SPHS Policy)
***Please note that transportation home from the HS is the responsibility of the student’s family! Students will need to take their instruments home from the HS as well as return them by Monday for rehearsal. Please note that family members who wish to hear their child perform must purchase a ticket to the basketball game.
Thur, Jan 13 - EPOCH Sound Pep Band Night - (3-8 PM) - PMMS/SPHS
Mon, Jan 24 - 6th Solo Night - (4:30-7 PM) - PMMS
Tue, Jan 25 - 7th Solo Night - (4:30-7 PM) - PMMS
Sat, Feb 12 - WSMA District Solo/Ensemble (8 am - 4 PM) - PMMS
Tue, Feb 15 - WSMA District Piano Solo Night (4-8 PM) - HS PAC
Fri, Feb 18 - Middle School Jazz Fest (3-8 PM) - CHUMS
School Instrument Repair & Rental Fees
WSMA District Solo/Ensemble Reminders
- Fees for the festival are in your child's Infinite Campus account. IF you haven't paid yet, please do this ASAP.
- To see a list of the students who are registered for the festival please click here. The schedule will come out in late January with specific times.
- Please consider donating some food or helping us that day! It is a LOT of fun and your help is vital to making this run smoothly. Here is the Sign-up Genius