Ms. Beyer's Newsletter
November 10, 2014
Updates and Reminders
- Remembrance Day Service at 10:30 in the gym on November 11th. Poppies will be available tomorrow morning, with a donation.
- Bullying awareness session with Matt Harding from WOCRC: in the classroom on November 10th.
- Double Lunch Day on Wednesday, November 12 - students can bring in an extra lunch to donate to The Mission. More info at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBIUe9FwsBHMFgyNEhsNW9KdzA/view?usp=sharing
- Picture Retake Day on November 19th.
- PD Day on Friday, November 21st.
Writing Focus: Procedural Texts (How to texts)
Anchor Chart 1: Action Words
put, pour, shake, slice, cut, roll, tie, fold, add, dig, paint, scoop, draw, open, stir, attach, place, push, fill, chop, stack, mix, pat, peel
Anchor Chart 2: Using Numbers or Words to Sequence Steps:
1. Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
- First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth
- First, Next, Then, Last
- After that, Finally, At last,
Counting pumpkin seeds
First, we put all the pumpkin seeds into groups of 10. Next, we traveled around to each table and skip counted by 10's for each pile. Then, we added on the left over number of seeds. Last, we recorded 406 as the total number of pumpkin seeds in our class pumpkin.
We played lots of fun Halloween games in the gym!
We decided, as a class, to carve our pumpkin into a Minion!