Fridley High School Newsletter
Welcome Back from Principal Hand:
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year at Fridley High School! My name is Patty Hand, and I am the proud principal here at FHS. I am thrilled to serve as a member of this caring community whose focus is to support success for each and every student. I believe strongly in leading a culturally responsive community of learners, in which students, staff members, and families collaborate to support our climate to ensure it is a caring, inclusive community for all.
It has been a wonderful start to the school year! I loved the energy and excitement felt throughout our school community.
Fridley High School
763 502 5601
FSF WALK 2022 - GET YOUR PAWS MOVING
All funds raised will directly benefit Fridley students through:
• Educator innovation grants for classroom projects, field trips, etc.
• District initiatives
• Student Scholarships
DAILY BELL SCHEDULE FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Check your grade-level Google Classroom throughout the school year for important information!
Updated COVID-19 Safety Protocols for 2022-2023 School Year
22-23 CHROMEBOOK AGREEMENT FORM
NUTRITIONAL SERVICES NEWS
IMPORTANT: COMPLETION OF APPLICATION FOR EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
The school district will be mailing households an Application for Educational Benefits in mid-August. If you do not receive one, they are available on the District Website at https://www.fridleyschools.org/about-us/departments/nutritional-services/meal-applications , can be completed online here (be sure to have your Parent Portal username and password), by contacting Kathy Backstrom at 763-502-5021, or your School Main Office. An Application for Educational Benefits must be completed every year. If you received free/reduced priced meals last year a new application must be completed for the 2022-23 year. If your income has changed due to job loss or change, please complete an application. These applications also help the district receive additional funding for support staff and teachers. As a household, you may also be eligible for discounted internet services and reduced metro transit fares. When completing the application, please include all people living in the household including infants or young children, college students, and older adults who may be living with you.
Binder Packs For Sale: $15
Binder packs are still available for purchase at Fridley High School. To purchase your binder pack online, log into your Parent Portal account and find the School Store section. To purchase it with cash or check, please visit the main office.
*Limited quantities are available.
TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT NEWS
For the 2022-23 school year all students eligible for transportation MUST request by this form: https://www.fridleyschools.org/-us/departments/transportation
If we do not receive a form, your student will not be assigned to a bus. This process is new this year due to the driver shortage. Please submit the form as soon as possible to ensure your student(s) has a bus stop assigned for the first day of school.
- Student who have requested transportation and are eligible will receive their bus schedule at student open house.
- There are no stops added to routes after August 19th. We can only add students to existing stops.
- Any new stop changes needed from August 19-Sept 9th will start Wednesday, September 21st. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and bus schedule.
- Request for changes made September 10th - 16th will be implemented on Wednesday, September 28th. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and schedule.
- New stop requested from Sept 10th - 16th will be implemented October 5th. Parents will have to transport until notified by email of the change and updated schedule.
FRIDLEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
CAMPUS PARENT PORTAL
Click to find out more information and for instructions on creating your account today!