Lothrop Elementary & Middle Level School May 16, 2019
Below are the Known end of Year Dates. Please check weekly for new information.
- May 13-17: 5/6 Shakespeare Experience
- May 16th: Transition Day for Grade 6-8:45 AM-10:30 AM
- May 17th: Friday Assembly @ 8:00 AM-Hosted by Stever and Integrated Arts
- May 17th: Kinder to Wonderfeet
- May 17th: Memorial Day Writings Due
- May 18th: Car Wash Fundraiser to benefit the grades 5/6 class trip to Boston
- May 21st: Kinder to Castleton University to see the Joshua Show
- May 21st-May 22nd: Vermont Science Assessment
- May 22nd: Public Works Day-Classes to visit Town Garage
- May 23rd: Kinder-Grade 2 to Community Garden-8:00 AM-10:00 AM
- May 24th: Memorial Day Assembly-Hosted by Middle Level
- May 27th: No School
- May 28th: Grades 1-2 to Montshire
- May 29th: Whole School Celebration-SSHHHH a surprise Super Hero Day
- May 30th: Middle Level to visit home of Phineas Gage
- May 31st: Friday Assembly @ 8:00 AM-Large Group Awards
- May 31st: Caverly Graduation@ Lothrop Gym
- June 3rd: Panther Palooza
- June 3rd: 6th Grade Student/Parent Night @ OV-TBD
- June 4th: Panther Palooza Rain Date
- June 4th: Kinder Concert @ 6:30 PM
- June 5th-7th: Grades Kinder- 2 to Community Garden-Scheduled days and times
- June 6th: Grade 1-2 to Magic School Bus
- June 7th: Grade 6 to Boston
- June 7th: Caverly 3 Year old Celebration @ Caverly
- Week of June 10th: Pre-K Screening
- June 12th: Awards Assembly
- June 13th: 6th Grade Final Walk of the Halls
- June 13th: 6th Grade Graduation @ 6:30 PM
- June 14th: Last Day of School
Hot Lunch Accounts
OVUU Task Force Community Working Group Recap
The OVUU Board appointed Planning Task Force (Task Force) hosted a very engaged Community Input Working Group on Monday, April 29th. The goal of the meeting was to receive community input on initial plan elements that outline proactive solutions for the district focused on the next 2-5-10 years to account for a series of triggers that may impact change (declining enrollment, legislation, facilities maintenance, etc.).
The initial plan was developed over 15 months, 25 meetings, thorough review of 92 pages of district data and ongoing community input.
Visit What's Happening at rnesu.org to learn more and to view the PPT presentation from April 29th!
Integrated arts Column
Congratulations to Girls on Run for Completing a Fun & Successful Season!
OVUHS Band & Chorus Perform with the Lothrop Chorus!
It's a Crime Not to Read!
- Maclure Library for organizing our Crime Not to Read events all year!
- Omya for financially supporting this program!
- Pittsford Police and VT State Police for donating their time to visit our school!
What are the best privacy settings for my computer and cellphone?
Should I demand my kid's to his or her social media and apps?
What is the right age for parents to get their kids a cell phone?
Congratulations to the Lothrop Rock Climbing Team for Finishing the Season in 1st Place!
PTO elections on May 8th
Elected PTO officers for 2019-20 are:
President: Kelly Connaughton
Vice president: Laurie Pelkey
Co-vice president: open position
Secretary: Kayla Davine
Co-secretary: Valerie Clark
Treasurer: Thomas Desforges
Co-treasurer: Mary Desforges
We are offering a job share on the PTO officer positions. If you would like to split the duties with another person, the officers are willing to job share. email@example.com
We will be posting items/updates in the private group as well as the public page. Please 'like' our page and request to be added to the group (link).
We are always looking for folks willing to help with various tasks and events so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to contribute.
Don't forget about the Lothrop PTO when you shop on Amazon smile. Follow the link and the PTO will get a portion of your purchase. Or search for Pittsford parent teacher on Amazon smile. Thank you! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/03-6011454
The Lothrop PTO meets the first Wednesday of the month in the Lothrop Library at 6:30pm. ALL Lothrop families are considered members of the PTO and are welcome to attend meetings. April meeting minutes click here
Lothrop PTO Officers for 2018-19 School Year
Kelly Connaughton -President
Laurie Flood Pelkey - Vice President
Stacey Greeno Pearsons - Secretary
Thomas Desforges - Treasurer
Flagship Cinema Booklets - ONLY 3 LEFT!
- Don't forget we have flagship Cinema movie coupon books $25 cash only.