Netherlands music history tour
Where will will go:
- Walking tour of Mons
- Walking tour Condé-sur-l'Escaut (place where Josquin worked)
- Saint-Quentin (place where josquin worked)
- MIM Music instrument museum
- Walking tour of Amsterdam (home of Sweelinck)
- Oude Kerck (church where Seewlinck worked most of his life)
All of these places had a great impact on the music history of The Netherlands. They are a must see for any music history fans. I hope you enjoy the tour.
Facts about the Netherlands (low lands) early music history
- The Netherlands where much larger during the renisance
- Early music in the Netherlands was renaissance music
- Josquin des Prez was actually French and asked to be listed as a foreigner on scrolls so his possessions will not go to the lords.
Toccata by Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck on organ