Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
September 8, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
We had a great week this week at Ross. In PE, students are learning to do squats, which is a challenging physical activity. In Music, 4th graders are learning to sing the Idaho State Song. In Technology, students are working on their keyboarding skills.
All students also set a Leadership goal this week with me that they will work on over the next two weeks (check out the goal setting page below). Each class also chose a reward for all those who meet their Leadership goal when I come back around to classes at the end of September--most chose cotton candy and a couple chose ice cream sandwiches.
- 4th grade students will get leadership opportunities by choosing to propose and run Lunch Clubs with the help of parent volunteers. Some of the ideas I've already heard from them are a Rubik's Cube Club, Lunch Club, and Lego Club. We need more volunteers to help this happen. Click the link below to volunteer.
- 5th grade students will have the opportunity to apply for CAST, where we chose 30 5th graders who live the Ross values to be our student leadership team. That team works with Mrs. Marshall and me to plan activities, tour new students, and build school culture. Last year's CAST team chose our new Ross Rams mascot by surveying students and parents and presenting their chosen mascot to the board. They get a real chance to make a difference at Ross. More information coming soon on how students can apply to be in CAST.
As always, we love parent feedback, so feel free to reach out to your classroom teacher, the front office, or me with questions and comments.
We want as much parent involvement at Ross as possible. Please click here to indicate interest in volunteer and involvement opportunities.
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe! So far, it's been going very well.
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
- Thursday, Sept. 14 during lunch recess--Lego Lunch Club (open to all students, with Trustee Joy Thomas as our volunteer)
- Thursday, Sept. 14--Dorian Picture Day
- Thursday, Sept. 14--Domino's Dough Night (mention Ross when you order and we get a cut of the funds)
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 3:45-4:45pm--PTA meeting at Indian Creek Elementary (come join us!)
- Thursday, Sept. 21 during lunch recess--Lunch Club (open to all students)
- Friday, Sept. 22, 3:45-5:30pm--Dungeons and Dragons Club (open to all students but must have a signed permission slip to come--students can pick those up in the office)
- Thursday, Sept. 28 during lunch recess--Art Lunch Club (open to all students, with Trustee Joy Thomas as our volunteer)
- Thursday, Sept. 28 from 1:00-3:00pm--Jog-a-Thon (volunteers needed; watch for more information coming soon)
- Thursday and Friday, Oct. 5-6--October break (no school)
- Monday, Oct. 9--Teacher In-service (no school)
School Picture Day
Thursday, Sep. 14th, 8:30am
610 North School Avenue
Follow us for weekly videos featuring our Rossome kids learning and having fun!
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.