Early Childhood Happenings
St Charles CUSD 303 Early Childhood Department
TIPS FOR YOUR FAMILY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
ST CHARLES AREA FREE EVENTS
St. Charles Public Library
Upcoming programs- free & no registration required. Ages 7 & under with a caregiver
- Dec 17 Big Blue Block Party from 10 AM - 5 PM in the Hellen Gale Story Room.
- Dec 18 Big Blue Block Party from 12 - 4 PM in the Hellen Gale Story Room.
- Dec 23 Family LEGOS and DUPLOs from 2 - 4 PM in the Miller Haase Community Room.
- Jan 6 Twinleaf Tales from 10-10:30 at Hickory Knolls Discovery Center.
- Jan 11 Stories at the Nature Center from 10:30 - 11 AM at the Creek Bend Nature Center at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve
Drop-In Story Time in the Miller Haase Community Room
Jan 9 & 12 from 10-10:30 AM:
St. Charles Park District
Starnet Family Webinars
Inclusive Education Series for Families
Join us for the Inclusive Education Series for Families. January's session focuses on Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) and Inclusive Practices. What LRE is and how it is fonnected to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) will be the focus. There will be a guest speaker from an Illinois advocacy group.
Click on this link to register for the January 19 session, 6:30 - 7:30 pm via Zoom: "LRE & Inclusive Practices."
Register for each date individually (6 session series). Whether you attend all or a few, this series will support you on your journey of inclusion and provide resources for your child.
⭐FAMILIES: Working Successfully with Schools to Support Selective Mutism
January 23, 2023 - 7:00 - 8:30 PM
In order for a child with Selective Mutism to have effective intervention, a team-based plan including the parent and school is necessary and vital. However, schools may not know how to support a child with Selective Mutism, and parents may not be aware of impactful advocation strategies. Dr. Aimee Kotrba will highlight the most helpful intervention strategies for use in schools, provide information about special educational plans, and provide ideas for working together as a team for the best outcomes.
Presenter: Aimee Kotrba, Ph.D.
** This event is being presented thanks to a generous grant from the TJ Maxx Foundation. No CEs will be provided for attending. **
St. Charles (Tri-City) Salvation Army
The Salvation Army St. Charles (Tri-City) Community Center
1710 S. 7th Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
Phone: (630) 377-2769 | Fax: (630) 377-2849
Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry & Pop Up Markets (Drive-thru model)
All Drive Thru Models. No ID or documentation needed. First come, first served while supplies last.
- Dec 19 in Wheaton at Immigrant Solidarity, 311 S Naperville Rd, from 4 - 5:30 pm
- Dec 21 in Aurora at Our Lady of Mercy, 701 S. Eola Rd, from 4:30 - 6 pm
- Jan 10 in Elgin at the Old Sherman Parking Lot, 901 Center St, from 4 - 5:30 pm
- Jan 12 in Carol Stream at Villagebrook Apartments, 278 E. St Charles Rd from 4:30 - 6 pm
Inclusion: Meeting Special Needs
Did You Know?
You can receive 3 months of childcare while you look for work or attend school?
If you are employed at a childcare center or childcare home, you can receive $1 copay
There is no copay for families that are displaced?
Learn more about financial assistance
Find Childcare & Early Learning Programs Near You
Kane County Family Resource Guide
Home Visiting Services
An anonymous easy to use secure website to locate Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Resources. This resource is provided in partnership with St. Charles District 303 and available to all students, parents, and staff.