May 18, 2018
Three More Fun- Filled Days!
Note from the Clinic:
Monday's Field Day - Rain or Shine - No Lunch Visitors
Tuesday - Election Day & Class Parties
Parents that plan to join us, please be sure to adhere to the following procedures to ensure a smooth day for all.
- Parents should park in the side parking lot, front lot is reserved for voters.
- There is no parking in the bus lanes
- When selecting a parking space, please keep in mind that the car rider line begins filling up at around 1:45 PM. You may prefer a spot closer to the exit so you don't get blocked in.
- All classroom visitors must sign-in and show ID at the check-in table located in the atrium.
- Please adhere to the start & end times of your child's party.
- Students may be checked out in their classrooms. However, you may not check out your child and bring them to a sibling's party.
- The last check-out is at 2:15 PM - if you are staying for the 5th grade walk, please take care of any check-outs prior to the start of the event.
Class Party Schedule:
9:00 - 9:45 K & 4th
10:00 - 10:45 1st & 3rd
10:45 - 11:30 2nd
11:00-11:45 - PreK
12:30-1:30 - 5th Grade
Wednesday - 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony. PAWS Parties & Chromebook PAWS Prize Drawing!
Our final PAWS program celebrations for this school year will also take place on Wednesday. (With the exception of 5th grade, who will celebrate on Tuesday.) We are so proud of all of their hard work this year, and are excited to give them one final opportunity to celebrate their good character!
We will also hold our drawing to determine the winner of the Chromebook! The announcement will be made at the end of the school day, and the winner's parent(s) will be notified so they can arrange to come to the school and pick up their prize.
Dyer Summer Learning Program
Moving Over the Summer?
Gwinnett County Policy:
In order to enroll in another Gwinnett County School you must bring a Withdrawal Form and a Change of Status Form from your current school. You will not be able to register at the new school without those two forms.
Please send in a written notice that you will not be returning next year so the documents can be prepared for you.
Take 5 Summer Reading Program 2018
What does the research say about summer reading?
“Regardless of ethnicity, socioeconomic level, or previous achievement, children who read four or more books over the summer fare better on reading-comprehension tests in the fall than their peers who read one or no books over the summer.” Jimmy Kim, Journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk
Dyer Elementary Media Center invites students to borrow up to five books of their choice. In order to check out books for the summer, students must meet the following criteria:
· Be a student at Dyer Elementary School for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
· Return all materials borrowed during the current school year. (All books are due Wednesday, May 9.)
· Have a clean library record: All books and magazines returned. All lost books & fines paid.
· Bring the signed permission form below to the Media Center to check out books during May 16 – May 22, 2018.
· Return all TAKE 5 books to Dyer Media Center by August 7, 2018.
You can refresh your Take 5 books dates: June 12th 10:00am – 12:00pm or June 26th 10:00am -- 12:00 pm. (Mrs. Langford will be at Dyer on those days and times to return/exchange books for children participating in TAKE 5.)
If you would like for your child to participate, look for the permission form in their Friday folder. Or you can download and print one here.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
21st- Field Day (3, 5)
22nd- Class Parties
22nd- 5th Grade Walk
23rd- 5th Grade Promotion Celebration 23rd- Last Day of School!!